Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Server Performance

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by bleakhead, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello, i open this, because I faced performance issues on servers and want to know, if you facing the same.

Serverbrowser: each time you click on refresh after finding servers, the ping will increase, so after 3 refreshes a server with normally 40ms will have 100 to 500 ms
    So sorting servers accordingly the ping makes no sense anymore.

Ingame: on the server everyone will have around 100ms (even if you have a great internet connection)
    So the dangerous part is, if you mine with your miner and he gets too heavy, the server will respond to late, so you can not really initiate emergency flight skills.

On earth planet, if my ship has 2 full batteries and I will fly higher and stand still, then the thrusters turn off automatically, but not if I am moving. I tested this offline and I could hover, without falling down.

So in conclusion, are there any fixes for the end users? Fixes for servers or is there coming an update?

I see many streams about keens mp testing but I do not really see progression in the mp part. Is this right? What is your opinion?
    How we can manage this laggy stuff for now?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.