Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Shaostoul Corporation: Engineering Division & Learning Center

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by Shaostoul, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Hey, decided to put some of the texture ideas in game to see how they work. So far I like this one the most, minus the ridges from the vanilla armor sort of look.
    http://tinypic.com/m/imm2wp/4
    http://tinypic.com/m/imm2x1/4

I like the idea of armor blocks being made up of tiny cubes quite funny

As a side note, it seems my turrets are working again with the hotfix from the developers, I nearly have all the rotors fixed and I've been playing with texture stuff for the hangar shield. Debating whether or not just to release fixes or actually update things at the moment. What do you think?

*edit*

If you have a block to suggest or see a suggestion for me to make here:
    http://forum.shaocorp.com/index.php?topic=18.msg55;topicseen#new

that you'd like to be made as well, let me know! The more people that request a particular item, it raises on the priority list.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Hey all, have put an update up yet, but I fixed the rotors, however, I did this by using my own rotor pieces. The developers rotorpiece was causing the issues. Just like all of your stuff sitting in the air with their rotor pieces. To my knowledge, mine work as intended.

3. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Hello peeps, just wanted to let you know I'm still alive. I've been unable to put any time towards SE or ShaoCorp related stuff. Hopefully starting January I'll be able to put more time towards it again.

4. voicesdark Senior Engineer

ATTENTION:

Mike AKA Shaostoul Asked me to post this message on his behalf. Because of critical hardware/software failures with his PC he will be offline for an indefinite amount of time and will be unable to continue on with current/planned projects until such time when he is able. With how wide spread the hardware/software failures on his system are, it will likely result in him needing to buy a whole new system. What income he did have coming in was from the generosity of the community and commissioned projects, so without that, there is no way of knowing how long it might be before he will be online again.

5. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Hey all!

So, I have good news! I'll be working on new videos and I'll be working on a new set of mod blocks. Specifically these!

I thought I'd post here to let you know that I'll be recording the process of making the new stuff that's started as a request by Mishka. It'll as per usual be raw/uneditted, so what you'll see is what I'm doing, I don't know how long the videos will be, but I'll try to keep it up as best I can.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  6. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

Welcome back looking forward to more awesome work.

7. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Thank you, it's great to be back in a position to do something.

8. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

PLEASE PROVIDE AN ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING:

Hey all, so I'm going to be making the Necron emblem for use in-game as a warm up to make sure everything I know is still current and then I shall begin the new tutorials. Do you want me to record the process or not? It'd be raw and might be a bit lengthy as I try to recall things and possibly won't be as efficient in terms of knowledge, but yeah... up to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  9. Sepherchorde Trainee Engineer

Absolutely yes! In particular one thing I would love is to learn how the texture system works for the game, especially the armor blocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  10. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

The armor blocks are special in their design, but I could try to make a tutorial for em.

11. Wulf Jarlson Trainee Engineer

I like the idea of documenting your steps.
    Eventually this info will become a base of knowledge for modders that come later.

12. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

That's the goal, to help all current and future modders of SE to be able to get into the process of modding SE quickly without too much hassle.

13. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

14. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

15. Psyckosama Trainee Engineer

As per request, here's my weapon idea posted to the thread

5-6 part mass driver

1) Specialize sorter block designed to look like the autoloader of a large mass accelerator. Reason for the sorter is so you can set the ejector below to eject all and only fire the ammo you want to.
    2) An ejector designed to look like part of the barrel/the firing chamber that seamlessly blends the sorter to look like two parts of the same gun.
    3) A gravity generator barrel segment that is basically a gravity tube. Maybe made to look like a set of mass driver coils
    4) A named muzzle break gravity tube for guns that are not built within other blocks or being used as part of an actual mass driver (be kinda funny to use this with a collector block 10k away...)
    5) An alternate muzzle break that is designed as a door without a control panal that serves as a gunport for the weapon
    6) A simple cylinder or spherical round that is basically a 20ton lump of iron (using 20 tons of iron ore to make) designed to prove to everyone everywhere that Sir Issac Newton is the Baddest Son of a Bitch in Space.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Braxbro Junior Engineer

Why dont you also make XL reactors?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

I've been contemplating making reactors, but I don't know how I want to make them look yet.

18. Braxbro Junior Engineer

:) Do whatever you feel is best. What would also be cool is if you did a mod with varying sizes of everything. Like, small oxy tank, medium oxy tank (vanilla size), large oxy tank, etc.

Edit: You should do it with refineries, assemblers, oxygen generators, arc furnaces, and all that sort of stuff.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  19. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Yeah, I could look into something like that. Shouldn't be too hard once an initial design is established.

20. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

I honestly was thinking it would be cool to have a modular reactor pack, or heck, modular anything pack. Have different blocks that are decorative, but compound their functions against each other. Example, the reactor pack. you have two main components that take up something like 3x3x5, 4 sub components that take up 1x1x3 and 4 that are 1x1. Each component actually is a self contained reactor all on its own, and is rated accordingly. the large reactors could be 4x vanilla large reactors, the 1x1x3 could be the same, and the 1x1 equal to a small reactor. This makes it so designers could all use one mod pack and still have a unique style all their own. Every component would need to have conveyor connections, and each component would still show up as a separate reactor in the menu, but the build possibilities are endless. Assemblers could be the same, heck any conveying system block could be packaged this way.

21. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

It's an interesting concept, would possibly be interesting to implement. I think when compound blocks are added, this'll be a lot more fun.

22. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

I think it would be easy to implement. Each block is its own reactor (or refinery, or assembler) it just looks different and has a different rating from other block sizes. They just look like components, when in actuality its a stand alone reactor (or other device).

23. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Sorry DaePrice, I never got a notification for your reply. We'll see. I think with these new module blocks, if I could add one to a reactor some how, it'd be the better alternative, because with your idea, you still have to fuel the blocks, which means you'd need to have conveyors in all the right spots. (which isn't an issue, it's just more difficult when you're trying to fuel multiple reactors, beyond this one)

24. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

Totally agree with the issue of fueling them. If the new modules allow you to boost power to a main reactor, then thats cool too. I think no matter what, you will have to have multiple conveyor connectors, even if the sub parts are only modules.

25. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

UPDATE: updated the Force Fields, but have not put them in the master pack yet. I need them tested to make sure they work in their present state as intended (mostly no mysterious collisions) and then I'll be doing another update or 3 over the next couple days that I'll need tested.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420351819

26. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

27. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

28. Bones 2 Trainee Engineer

Please tell me that's for a small ship? Oh and if u could get it to display the holo pieces when turned on that would be friggin sweet!

29. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

The holopieces, not yet. It will however be on small and large ships.

30. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.