Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ship tracking player function, and more

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Theodore, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Theodore Trainee Engineer

Basic suggestion is adding a new block, or functionality to remote control block. New function is player and ship tracking. This would allow the creation of easy companion ships/ convoy ships aka one follows the other, without extensive programming knowledge. Also would allow creation of guided weapons as could track other ships as well regardless of faction, as long as in antenna range, and broadcasting. This would provide SE a unique stealth aspect as turning of antenna would stop enemy missiles from tracking, but also your own convoy of personal ships. My idea is that their is also a slider which says maintain X proximity, so for example ship remains within 10m of player. This slider could be set to 0 for guided missiles. For ship tracking, their would be a drop down box of all ships in antenna range on the menu. Please tell me what you think of this idea, as I would very much like to see this ingame, and not being a programmer reduces the experience that I believe SE can provide

2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

There is a fleet control script out there though idk of Keen broke it by patching the exploit it used. Allowed a few ships to travel in formation and also to send out and retrieve drones.

As for guided missiles, there is a Keen approved method for visual guided (search "raycast") missiles that presumably works out to dozens of km. A few will even travel to a coordinate then search for enemies. That said, I would actually like the enemy AI to react to antennas.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.