Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show Off Someone Else's Creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

We all get better with practice. ;)
    My earlier ships aren't even shared anymore.. nobody needs to see that. lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carrion Senior Engineer

in a way i am glad my earlier saves were lost in a PC failure. christ some of the bricks i built back than. i mean i know they still are bricks but they are slightly less brickish now

3. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

The worst part is that unless you swap game modes, you have to grind down your shame block by block in survival. I've been mostly playing in one continuous world since I got SE and there have been some horrifyingly ugly things built over the time. Even my station is ugly as hell, but it's too damn big to fix/change now.

4. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

I miss some of my earlier designs. Crude though they may have been, I've gotten stuck in a rut for a while now. One thing I do seam to be quite good at is taking ships and reworking by them, and giving them a good refit and update. If anyone has seen my work it's done wonders for the mining carriage and hauler.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  5. Brenner Junior Engineer

Good thing you aren't totally derailing the thread, guys ;)

Also, this is the one old year Ravric creation I want to see here, not that crappy old fighter (no offense meant, all SE fighters by all creators before the fighter cockpit were either crappy or oversized)
    [​IMG]
    The Motako, Ravrics first big hit.

I still remember when he posted the first screenshots in the "Show off your creations" thread, and I immediatly was like "wow, thats the best SE ship ever!".
    I immediatly fell in love with the design, also the bad-ass grav gun was a huge plus for me.

If I remember correctly that was still at the time when grav guns were actually the only weapon that a large ship were even able to have - large rocket launchers weren't implemented yet, and turrets were in the game but disfunctional. Which made a real battleship, one that can actually dish out damage even more impressive.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289649889

Also, he made impressive videos even back then

• Like Like x 3
  6. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Seems like this thread didnt die too fast. But please stay on topic.

[​IMG]

N.E.R.War Carrier

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370372856&searchtext=

"This large ship holds 4 Medium Fighters on its exterior sides, and can hold 4 inside the hull. Armament consists of 3 Gatling turrets, 2 rocket turrets and 2 interior turrets."
    I really dig this design, reminds me of Supreme Commander 2 (nothing could beat the first game though). Effective ship, thought-out design, nothing oversized. This is how I like my blueprints.

7. Spets Master Engineer

sorry, but... that... is just a box
    what is so great about it? I dont get it :confused:

8. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

It's built around a humongous flat surface. It's going to look a little box-like. But give him some credit. It doesn't look like the crate that it came in, and I think that the recesses in the side that the fighters are held in are kinda cute.

9. Skeloton Master Engineer

Best box ship ever, no sarcasm. Its not really that much of a box.

10. erdrik Apprentice Engineer

Yea, that is not just a box ship. It looks very well done.
    The posted image doesn't do it justice.
    The pics on the steam page are much better at showing it off.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  11. Spets Master Engineer

12. Barley672 Trainee Engineer

Of all the faction-sets I've seen, this one really caught my eye. Why? Because all the ships are Vanella Survival-Certified, and seen combat. I really wish they'd tell me were those battles happened, though, because good god that server must have excellent ping! Note: Although they are survival ships, they are survival ships backed up by a clan, so they probably have a lot of people working together to build these.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379624930
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315728237
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379568173
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374899813
    Look for "Delta Systems Technology Corporation" and you'll find it immediately. The ships are well designed, often rather maneuverable and very detailed interiors. They also got electronic warfare suites, but they were ripped out before being posted on the Workshop because secrets n' stuff. They may not be the most interesting designs, nor the most innovative, but they are very sturdy creations with solid characteristics and decent armament. Oh, and here's their flagship:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264742086

13. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I agree, they look quite ugly in color choice / visuals but seem like solid designs.

14. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

Because nobody has yet added something from GEC, I have the pleasure of adding this:
    Acsano
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Get it Here!

Lets face it, we all feel like quitting after seeing this right?

On a serious note though, i am very impressed with the insane level of detail achieved while still being fully functional. GEC's Builds are down right inspiring.

• Like Like x 2
  15. chrisb Senior Engineer

That is very nice indeed, the way its presented too. I'm going to take a look I think. ;)

16. MegaGEC Apprentice Engineer

aww man that is so nice of you! thanks for the kind words :)

17. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Resurrection!

I think this is a good concept done well:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449112608

[​IMG]

@Brenner I've been doing something similar with support craft for a while, but never tried it for military vessels. Nicely done. I'm guessing a bit of thought needs to be put in by the player to get the most out of it, lots of gatling guns on one side would make it a little tricky to aim. I'm looking forward to seeing future modules.

18. masterzh Trainee Engineer

May i ask sir, why so small pictures? I know everybody want more traffic on workshop(you have HR there) but common.

Are you also working on something bigger? (ship or station)

19. Brenner Junior Engineer

@iN5URG3NT: Thanks, I'm honored to be featured in this thread!
    You have seen one future module already, my "KAPUT" capital ship killer missile, based on Whipslashs concept.

Speaking of the KAPUT: considering Whipslashs design inspired me to build my own version of it, I think the original version is definetly worth a post here.
    [​IMG]
    Download from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452149353

Just by looking at the screenshot, you might be wondering what is so special about this bomber. Its a good looking creation, sure, but the real awesome feature is more of a inner beauty thing:
    its the KAPUT missile, which uses space balls to increase the mass of the missiles before impact. The virtual mass of space balls is counted as real mass when it comes to collisons, and having more mass in a collision of course means doing more bang.
    During flight, the space ball mass is set to zero so the KAPUT carrying bomber only has to move the *real* mass of the weapon, which is much lower than the virtual mass. Meaning the bomber can stay pretty mobile.

I don't know if Whipslash was the first one discover this virtual mass thing, but at least his post on reddit introduced me to the concept.

Since I love building custom weapon systems (grav guns etc.) this discovery was of course of great interest to me.I might also upgrade my favorite grav gun shells with the same virtual mass concept to achieve more bang. Even though the original KAPUT (and also the modular fighter version I'm working on) is moved by thrusters, it should work equally well with grav driven gun shells. One can even save the artifical mass block since the space balls can do the job too.

His original post probably explains everything better than I did:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

BAM!

....When you wish someone else's amazingness could be conglomerated into your own.

Hats off to Ravric and his Dawnstar Train.

• Like Like x 2
  21. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

that's fantastic!

22. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Guys please, the goal of this topic was to find the hidden gems of the workshop, those that didn't make it to the front page but still are worth showing.

This thread was meant to show these 'hidden' blueprints to those who don't have the time to browse all day through steam to find something new. OP clearly stated how workshop entries should be posted, so please write WHY those new entries should be shown here and WHAT are its main features.

As much as I appreciate Ravrics Project, please don't paste more projects from the Steam front page, everybody can easily find those blueprints.

23. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

This deserves more subscribers:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=445295141

[​IMG]

The Audax is a great little ship. It won bronze in Killer Vanilla Challenge One. If it had met the cargo spec for the competition, it almost certainly would have won Silver, maybe even better. It's also fairly cheap to build, if you take out the Nonsense Drive, and takes a lot more punishment than you would think. A good variety of weapons make it useful in a range of situations, but it really shines as a hit and run vessel. Personally, I also like the rugged style and colour scheme, and look forward to seeing other similar ship from @Vaskadar. It's had some upgrades now, so check it out.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

WICO Mk3

Just a small miner.
    Main feature, autonomous mining. That is right. It mines by itself. You just launch it, take two visual shots and it will find the distance to target, go there and turn the asteroid into swiss cheese.
    [​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433545870
    Edit:
    it will also come home again by itself. And it remembers where it was mining and will return there the next time you launch it. Aaand it doesn't bump into things on the way (and I've tried to make it bump into things).

Oh and the really cool drone 'cockpit' which I've never seen before.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  25. LordAlexkog Trainee Engineer

26. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

The Orion Mk 2

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411533786

"She is fully pressurised with oxygen everywhere but the hanger. I have designed this ship with exploration in mind. there are full production facilities and space to store a few small support craft."

I really like the shape and color scheme of this ship. I really try to avoid mods, but still had to post this one, still hoping that the creator will release a version without them.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Carrion Senior Engineer

i like that ship. JD. i really do.

28. Sinbad Senior Engineer

Ah, ninja.
    You did forget to mention that it will also come home again by itself. And it remembers where it was mining and will return there the next time you launch it. Aaand it doesn't bump into things on the way (and I've tried to make it bump into things).

Oh and the really cool drone 'cockpit' which I've never seen before.

29. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Fixed

• Like Like x 1
  30. Lynnux Junior Engineer

ZI Mule Mk-1 "Big Suz"
    This ship might look odd but it has character !
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446853167

"When flying through an asteroid something happened what never occurred before: I damaged my rusty hauler ! The alarm went off, red lights started blinking and Susie, the female voice of the old lady, constantly warned about oxygen leaking from the ship into the void.
    The cockpit door closed slowly but fast enough to keep me alive. Cracking noises reminded me that my ship was in bad need of repairs. I saw a pirate vessel incoming but made it to another hollow asteroid where I made a soft touchdown. Maybe I'm not such a bad pilot after all...
    I switched off the power and left the ship to inspect the damage. A large hole had replaced the container in front. I was lucky things didn't turn out worse. The container was rusty so I kept it empty the last runs. Otherwise I would have joined grandpa in his eternal retirement with the ship being ripped apart by the floating cargo pieces...
    I headed back into the ship, pulled out the dust covered manual and started reading. There it was, a hidden repair system. I carefully read the whole chapter not to botch a second time.
    I left the ship again to gather the materials I needed for the repairs. The pirate should be gone already so it was time to give it a try. Operating the repair system was easier than expected and in a few hours Big Suz was airtight again.

Time to head home..."

This short story came into my mind when I unintentionally damaged the ship, hitting the asteroid I've been flying through. EdEatsBugs (the creator of this ship) emphasized the O2 system and its safety precautions and this added a lot to the atmosphere. It was really great, almost like in a movie !

The airlock needs some tuning and there are too many buttons concerning the O2 system but it's definitely a great ship, also stable. And the world contains a bit more than just this ship.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big Suz damaged, red lights blinking everywhere:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.