Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show Off Someone Else's Creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Stumbled across this while poking around the workshop. I liked it at first, and liked it even more after it occurred to me that it might look better in DX11 mode.

[​IMG]

WRSE - 3939 [L]
    I particularly like this for the aesthetics. Both the interior and the exterior are well-executed. The interior is fairly straightforward, consisting largely of two main fore-aft corridors with rooms branching off of them, but straightforward isn't a bad thing; my own interiors aren't much different from this. There has also been attention to little details in the interior, so it feels like a real ship. The exterior is particularly good, with a lot of detail work that doesn't go to the extreme of adding stuff just for the sake of adding it: there is a unified theme present throughout the whole work. The ship features quite a few redundancies, which is always good to see.

The builder, A-Dragon | Red, shows a lot of promise in this and their other work. I would really like to see more from them. Judging from the labeling of some control groupings, the author appears to be Chinese, so there might be a bit of a language barrier there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Journeyman DSEV

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430398107&searchtext=

"The Journeyman Deep Space Exploration Vessel is a stock (modless), survival-ready explorer equipped for any encounter. Designed to weather the harshest conditions of deep space, the Journeyman will ensure the safety of you and your crew on any endeavor."

I really like ships with straight forward designs, so today I present you Lazer's Journeyman DSEV. I like the design, I like the colors, he updates it regularly, many redundancies, exploration ready. Hell yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I really liked this ship created by Elachi Dance Party.. I haven't tried it myself because of all the different mods, but I really loved the look of it in the screenshots.

If we can make spaceships like this in vanilla in the future....... this game would be perfect.

Link to Workshop Page > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454908741

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

@KissSh0t
    Woah, at first I thought that would be a ship of mine. But whatever, seems like Im not the only one using common red and grey for ship markings ^^

Too many mods for my taste, but I really like the shape, nice find!

• Like Like x 1
  5. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

The winner of Killer Vanilla Round 2:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456312860

Not the best screenshot...
    [​IMG]

The Savannah is a great little transport/dropship for survival. Good cargo and passenger capacity, great acceleration and the interior is very good for a ship of it's size. It is especially useful as a dropship due to it's good use of airtight hanger doors on the underside. Totally Vanilla. Good looking too. Check it out.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

He did a great job with it :D

7. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

The top four in round 2 were all very good and worth checking out too.

8. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Found this the other day while browsing the workshop.

Deepspace Explorer - by Snugglez
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=461269247

This ship looks amazing both inside and out. There are a few areas where there could be room for improvement but all in all its a awesome ship.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

That is a very good find. It completely defies my ability to complain about interior components on the exterior.

10. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Was scanning the workshop yet again when I found this gem

02 - Halberd Missile cruiser (Vanilla)
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463047485&searchtext=

For a vanilla ship it looks good form the outside, but the way the interior was done with only vanilla blocks it's what sets this ship apart. Everything is well laid out, and has a purpose, and the lighting effects a really make this ship shine.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  11. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

OK, this is turning into a daily ritual where I scan the workshop looking for designs that have been over looked. And today while looking at a mining drone that looked interesting, I found a whole damn fleet!

Colibri Flotilla Showroom
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407507551 (note: This is a world)

While the larger ships could use a good paint job and color scheme, the smaller fighter and utility rigs are pretty good. And he's continued to refine his designs over time and they keep getting better, so take a look at his workshop as well. This is one engineer who with time will be even better.

ChocoCrispi's Workshop

• Like Like x 1
  12. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  13. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Have to say, his whole collection (8 ships) is worth a look, nice style!

• Like Like x 1
  14. karnivool Trainee Engineer

Didn't expect to see my ship here. I have an un modded version but its the older design. If there's enough interest im happy to upgrade it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wizlawz Master Engineer

16. picklerok Junior Engineer

Looking through the workshop, I notice that there is quite a bit of junk, but also some really cool ships that go rather unnoticed.

17. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

@karnivool
    Please consider this as a request! :)

18. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  19. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  20. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  21. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Dude you are really finding nice stuff out there!

22. picklerok Junior Engineer

Yeah, I did notice High Ground easily contributing the most to this thread.

23. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  24. Levits Senior Engineer

Damn Son O,O!
    I guess I wasn't the only one building Space Battleships based on naval warships... or that one movie... took place in space... just so happens to have a battleship... and looked like the WW2 ship Yamato... just can seem to remember the name of it X3. That's rather something right there regardless. How it looks so smooth is beyond me... or beyond my own PC but it looks good. I will admit though, my own version is a little better prepared for space and 360 degree range of fire... man, Ocean Engineers would be so much fun. (had to go with that because Sea Engineers (SE<already taken) and Maritime Engineers (ME already taken) didn't seem to work :woot: lol)

25. CruentaUltio Apprentice Engineer

What about Naval Engineers?
    That ship is quite nice anyway.

26. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

HOLY COW. That thing is gorgeous! Obviously inspired by Space Battleship Yamato. But so awesome.

27. Sinbad Senior Engineer

@High Ground: you haven't come across a good looking single man long range expedition ship have you? doesn't need any ship tools, but a connector for hooking up to exploration ships would be cool. assembler and a refienery to keep it stocked and in repair. The smaller the better.
    Ive looked myself, but I can only get about 40 pages in before they start blending together.
    You look like you are going through the lot, if you spot one on the way, drop me a link please. In the meantime ill keep looking myself.

28. plaYer2k Master Engineer

29. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

I'd be willing to adapt one of my small corvettes to meet your requirements.

30. Sinbad Senior Engineer

@Sentinel-Ghost: if its no trouble to you, i would appreciate it.
    ill be using it to try to find all the exploration ships and get a screen shot album going (utterly mind numoing check of every single asteroid, but its a way to decompress from a stressfull job). I was going to custom paint a ship and try to get it in every shot (no point taking a selfie with the player models as they are now) but it seems I'm overly critical of my own designs (I can't stop tinkering and always go overboard adding things I don't need, then getting attached to all the extras so I cant get rid of them). and what I've seen on the workshop is either 'utterly gorgeous super carrier for 800 crew' themed or 'just barely enough to last you an hour' survival starters. there are a few smaller ones for 2-3 crew, but use so many mods...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.