Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show Off Someone Else's Creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

check out my stuff, you might like the "Nomad". Also my next contest for July will produce many ships of this type so stay tuned. ;)

2. Sinbad Senior Engineer

I remember the name, ill go look up the nomad now...

Edit: its got just about everything I need. I might fiddle a bit with it. Maybe swap out one of the assemblers and arc furnaces (one of each is enough, I just need the capacity to throw together an antenna beacon every now and then, as well as refining uranium) for O2 tanks (for reserve if ice gets hard to find) and ill probably put a connector on the boom. And ill see if I can get some upgrades onto the refinery without spoiling the lines. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

oh, the o2 version has o2 tanks and refinery upgrades

4. Sinbad Senior Engineer

ah, cool

5. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Refinery Sorter
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=468679482&searchtext=

OK, everyone who starts a base should have one of these. This little contraption is a mini sorting system for a refinery. Normally I have to manage my refineries to make sure I refine what I need. But this little system does the sorting for you. Simply plop your resources into a large container, tell the sorter what you want it be refined and it will only let said ore thru. Now when you have a good base up and running this becomes outdated but for those small startup operations this is cheap and cost effective.

I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner. Its a nice little piece of engineering.

Me I'd build this in to a storage ship of sorts with this on the back end.

• Like Like x 9
  6. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

I never would have even thought of using small ship blocks to do anything in-line on a large block system. I've been so stuck thinking along the ship/drone/station way of thinking and that everything needs to have thruster and move or be moved around. A big +1 for originality.

7. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

:mad: you beat me to the finish line Auto dam U!!!! (jk)
    The ship I said i'd design for Sinbad is about 1/3 complete...i'll still continue with it regardless.

8. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Please do, small ships of efficient size seem underrated and we need more of them. :)

9. Sinbad Senior Engineer

Hey, send it through, please. I'm taking a break for a few dat to play wolfenstien (thanks for sales valve) so I haven't had the chance to start the trip yet.
    Also, sorry, I didn't mean to start a mini competition.

10. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  11. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

When you just want to play Space Engineers while not playing Space Engineers.:D Couldn't help but say it. It really looks good.

• Like Like x 2
  12. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

C - 2 Leviathan MK - 2
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=473601571&searchtext=

Now this is what a good vanilla PvP warship should look like. Its a no frills corvette that is fairly cheap to build, has no production systems, and enough firepower to make it an effective combat vessel with out being a flying brick with turrets.

While it could use heavy armor and it would be wise to lose the window, its a good design over all.

• Like Like x 3
  13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I have a very funny feeling that is a complete reworking of my planetary lander ship.. I will have to ask him.

*edit*

Turns out it is not... some parts of it's design made me think it was a retrofit :woot:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  14. Brenner Junior Engineer

Oh, I like that one! Its simple but still beautiful.
    The only things I would change would be removing the windows in favor of armor and maybe moving the driver seat into the back part of the ship. Even with a tiny light armor ship like that it sometimes allows you live a few seconds longer, probably allowing you too still win the fight.
    Also some decoys on less important parts of the ships - it really, really helps vs. enemy turrets. I mean you still get damaged, but you can at least direct the fire to less vital stuff.

15. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Winner of Killer Vanilla Round Three:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=474579304

[​IMG]

Good agility, excellent speed and easy to use. Functional, relatively cheap PMW. Modular system is a great idea too. I think @Brenner had to rush a bit at the end to make the deadline, so some areas could do with a bit of polish. Nevertheless, I really liked this little beauty and I will be considering it the benchmark for any PMW based Corvettes I build in the future.

With a couple of Scarabs and an ECM system, this would easily cripple a Capital Ship. Love it.

The Medusa and Cascade are also good PMW based ships, more info here:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/b...la-challenge-three-i-am-become-death.7362116/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brenner Junior Engineer

Thx! And yeah, you are thinking right .. I'm not exactly the fastest SE creator in the first place, plus I was struck by a temporary Cities-Skyline-Addition, plus some real life stuff I don't want to go into happened, so I had to cut some corners.
    I'll fix some of the weaknesses you mentioned, like the grav gens and welders running needlessly all the time.

ECM (or decoy launcher as I would call them) are a very interesting topic I haven't really investigated a lot yet. I already have a few decoy ideas, ranging from launching hordes of cheap ass small-ship-grid spaceballs to well armored large ship decoys.
    Programmed thruster based decoys flying random sprial courses to attract and at the same time outmanouver enemy rockets & shots could be interesting too.

17. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

Link is dead.

18. Lynnux Junior Engineer

19. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  20. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

T.N.F. Assault Flight Carrier Class 'Tormentor' Mk.I
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478762640&searchtext=

Now this is a well design ship, it has a good internal layout. The ship has 2 decks, and she has everything you would need for survival. Ship has a hangar deck that can house 4 fighter or other craft. As she stand right now I'd call this a scout carrier, but if you were to increase the hangar size a bit you could store even more fighters inside. All in all its a well designed ship perfect for survival.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  21. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

HXS Marmota Monax Refinery Ship
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484697429&searchtext=

No some of you may have seen this ship before. It was released maybe 6 or more months ago, but she has been given a over haul and refitted with Oxygen and a Jump Drive. Its nice to see people take care of their older ships and give them new life.

• Like Like x 1
  22. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

MPS Sphinx S29
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393905441&searchtext=

The exterior look of this ship is amazing, kind of reminds me of a snake. Some areas of the interior are done quite nicely, a few areas need some work, and a few cryo-pods would be nice as well. This ship has great potential, if someone is willing to put in a little bit of work.

23. Spets Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  24. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

*looks at his 100kT Dreadnought*

Ok, I know when I am outgunned, but seriusly, that ship is a blast! Is there a WS link ?

25. Hawkwar Trainee Engineer

Is there a link for the bottom ship - I found something that looks like the 3rd one down but I really want the bottom one :)

26. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I stumbled across this author's stuff the other evening, and got very excited. I like their aesthetic style, but the ships are also very practical. I'm sharing this one because it's my favorite so far.

[​IMG]
    Gwyvern's Dianon Corvette
    • It has reasonable armament & other equipment for its size.
    • I love the shape, and the paint scheme is great too.
    • While it's tiny and hasn't been updated since January, it's still one of those ships you just feel good puttering around in.
    • I could totally see this being in vanilla SE.

• Like Like x 5
  27. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

The Salvador
    [​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490662877&searchtext=

This is the best ship I've seen in a long time. It is well designed both inside and out, the Exterior give the ship a lot of character, and the unfinished blocks give the ship more detail than they would if they were finished. The Interior lay out is amazing, every place on the ship has a purpose. I highly recommend you all check this one out, its well worth it!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  28. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

I miss this thread, why have you people stopped conveniently posting nice things so that I don't have to find them myself?

(Funnily enough, I was going to add a link The Salvador, only to discover upon finding the thread that it just so happened to be the most recent submission :mad:)

• Like Like x 2
  29. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Saw this fleet of ships on reddit, created by BLueLightning0:

• Like Like x 1
  30. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527421418&searchtext=

OK, here we have yet another ship by Terbal. This is a small fast and agile corvette designed to engage enemy fighters and light craft, she is truly a fast attack craft. While she is at a disadvantage against larger ships, she can turn tail and run quite quickly. My only concern is how well she will hold up against small ship turrets.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.