Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Nice use of grinded down Blocks! the Forward thruster look a bit... glued on (?) IMO, i think i would have made them in line with the main body, but a matter of taste i guess.. good looking ship anyways, i like! The "cage" on top of it is to show off catched Sabroids?

2. artiedee Trainee Engineer

Nice cockpit view!

3. mhalpern Senior Engineer

From what I understand there will be a third type of thruster that works only in atmosphere, so you only really need H thrusters to escape (and as such are only needed to be facing one or two directions)- also much of the community (and possibly the devs as they banned grav drives from exploration submissions) see gravity drives as an unintended exploit- the closest thing the game has to a cheat- and now that there's a built in means of gaining that acceleration- that feeling has only increased.

4. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Thanks! I really like how it came out :D

Thank you :D Like I said, I never would have thought to use grinded down 2x1 windows and 1x1 wheels if I hadn't seen Tyriosh & Zerberus' creations. I find it really opens up a lot of options that aren't "obvious" if you're trying to stick to vanilla as much as possible. The cage is a safety cage around the airlock, for those dramatic movie style scenes where someone manages to grab on to one of the rails with one hand :cool:

I wonder if we'll be able to pin Sabroids to the front of our ships as mastheads...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Any1 else thinks of a Battletech Dropegg here? Cool Thing, the Mergeblock on the underside is for a prebuild Landing Pad? I really have to look into rotorbased Blastdoors again, Airtight Hangar Doors made me lazy... Oh, and may i ask what "Reactor Balancer" means?

7. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Standing on the shoulders of giants here; going off of what Whiplash141 and Lord Commissar have released recently, I decided to try to downsize both my missiles and my launcher for the Appalachian!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Isamin Trainee Engineer

Two craft to show today; one fighter and one transport (for 10 people not incl pilot). The fighter has a hydrogen thruster and tank for planetary strikes. The transport is not 100% finished as it is intended to use hydrogen thrusters but is currently awaiting the release of a smaller hydrogen tank - I may rework the design if this doesn't appear. I have also included a picture of the transport entering the hangar of an unfinished destroyer I am working on. This destroyer will support two fighters and one transport in it's three hangars - along with some sort of maintenance vehicle. This warship is not intended to enter an atmosphere in my own 'lore' but the game may technically allow it as I have used hydrogen propulsion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. XallZall Trainee Engineer

i already made some tests.
    If you seen my video about my orbital cannon you should know that it sends drone scouts to find targets.
    I can accurately hit a small target from 100 kilometers away, twice the atmosphere height of the upcoming planets if they dont get bigger or change in size.
    And I can fly in the orbit to align my ship if needed.

I also counted the time needed for a 500 kilometer target at a speed of 300 meters per second (using the speed mod), is 27 minutes.
    The time needed to assemble the shell and firing it is exactly 31 seconds.

I also seen on some videos of the alpha planets that the speed limit is going to be much higher than its current one.
    If I remember correctly a large ship was traveling well over 1000 mps. I could be wrong on that but I know that the speed limit was over that of the current mods.

With the speed mod, hitting a target at 100 kilometers took 5 minutes.
    So 2:30 impact time at a 50 kilometer target.

Which is not that much really.

Imagine spotting a ship at that distance with a scout drone, and noticing the astronauts are exploring the area with jetpacks or small ships and leaving the large ship behind.
    Or a asteroid station,
    Any target not moving for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Plus some time needed for aligning the gun and firing time, I would estimate 4 minutes.
    4 minutes after placing the GPS coordinates, if the target does not move, those being ships, or any stationary target, will be hit.

I have hit targets with superb accuracy at 100 kilometers, 15 blocks off target, any moderate sized base is in danger.
    And at such a range, I am well out of any Air based orbital defense striking range.

As a matter of fact, they wont even know what hit them.

And this is only my current progress, I been trying to hit targets at the maximum antenna and laser antenna range, which is 500 kilometers, currently I am off target by 200 meters up to 1 kilometer, or 80 blocks up to 400 blocks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seff Apprentice Engineer

Suppose we're gonna have to share the name. I've got a bit of a sort of VA/WV theme going with my ships: Occoquan-Class Patrol Craft, Potomac-Class Corvette, Shenandoah-Class Frigate, Allegheny-Class Battlecruiser (that I probably won't ever finish), and Appalachia-Class Carrier (that's mostly done, just greebling, painting, etc to do).

• Like Like x 1
  12. AirplaneFood Apprentice Engineer

I didn't feel like taking a bunch of pictures, so I made a video instead. Which btw, took 50x longer because this was my first video editing test subject. I will upload it to the workshop if someone wants it.

13. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

Video is private..

14. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Makes me think of the Hrothgar dropship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AirplaneFood Apprentice Engineer

Sorry, forgot about that. Fixed now :)

16. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Assail me now drones.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

Who have buildings already? ;)

[​IMG]
    Planetary HQ - Colony Hub WIP

• Like Like x 11
  18. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  19. nogare321 Trainee Engineer

I like the idea of using the new door as launch bay doors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. XallZall Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  21. deadok Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  22. Krovennan Apprentice Engineer

Deleted the image I posted, partially because no-one seemed to give a toss, and partially because I managed to recover the files.

So having said no-one seemed to care, I assure you the finished product is coming, and it'll hopefully be more worthy of your attention when it has been released.

23. Khalad Trainee Engineer

Yop yop,

I'm pleased to introduce the Phoenix Project :

[​IMG]

The idea is to provide a ship for survival that you start to build early, and evolve as your ressources increase. In this case, you start with a small industrial ship, then a mobile base that you evolve to finally land it on a planet and build your base.

I won't put all the details here, as it would take too much space, but you'll find more info here if you want

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=552648079

Khalad

• Like Like x 2
  24. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Darkness had touched this ship, and now called it home.....

[​IMG]

.....Lunatic Class MKIII:Artimes "Black edition", soon(tm) at a Cerberus dealer near you !

• Like Like x 3
  25. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

CDI's Newest Vessel. The Kelimutu Light Attack Frigate!

Stats:
    Length: 115M
    Weight: 1.8 Mil Kg
    Accel: 7.2 Sec
    Full speed: 14.5 Sec
    Weapons: 8 Hardpoint turrets, 3 rocket pods

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  26. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  27. Infekted Apprentice Engineer

Introducing the Mauler Class Assault Frigate. A raiding/assault/exploration/piracy vessel. This ship is intended to be self sufficient mobile base for a crew between 1 and 10. With the option to carry an extra 24 marines/passengers.
    This is the first large ship I have successfully completed in over a year of playing. They usually get abandoned somewhere thru the interior as they are too big and FPS/SIM speed begins to tank.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553173869

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. Ortikon Apprentice Engineer

The creations on page 112 alone has all been super awesome. Super stoked to get home and start something new today. Drew up a sketch at work. (would post if I had access to a scanner)

29. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

After a year of design and refinement, she can finally do what she was built for. Landing on planets;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy planet day everyone :)

• Like Like x 3
  30. chrisb Senior Engineer

Altered design to one already shown. Just cruising fun. ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2