Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817717639

After years of research and development on harnesing the mechanical human form for combat purposes, we introduce you to the Maurader Powered Armor Suit!

This mech is equipped with the following:
    - Bipedal locomotion that can jog at around 4.5m/s, slightly faster than the engineer's default speed
    - Presurized Cabin with air vent for use on the earthlike or alien planet
    - 4 atmospheric thrusters to allow short jumps over rough terrain or for greater speed
    - Single Battery to provide independent power
    - 2 fully conveyored gatling guns
    - 2 rocket launchers

While fun to build and play around with, this is not suitable for survival. The guns are fixed and cannot traverse up or down, leaving only gyroscopic movement targeting. Although it was designed to fight Sabiroids, it fails quite hilariously since they spawn too close to be targeted properly and they subsequently take out your legs. It is however, extremely fun to mess around with, and I'm just happy I got it to run.

I'm sure @halipatsui will enjoy this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

Condor VTOL Drop Ship (W.I.P)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Levits Senior Engineer

Been working on Red vs. Blue; totally unintentional but I ran out of ideas for color coordination. Still have the carriers to upload with both sets but they've come out ok and will likely be the last redesign I do of them until and unless some new and amazing comes out in an update. (got screenshots working again)
    Below are the two separate factions of the Malduke and the C-1 Corporation carriers and strike-craft... minus the bombers.
    [​IMG]
    Obviously the C-1 strike-craft are far larger than their counterparts. But they in-turn are more versatile in their range of operations and capabilities. Most notable are the weapon load outs and structural integrity. Though harder to hit, the Malduke have many primary systems tightly packed together which could spell doom with a well placed shot. The C-1 on the other hand have more area to store additional equipment and redundant vital systems.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Fun with LCD's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Double teaser for your holiday cheer!

A new Vessel and a new station incoming soon from CDI.

[​IMG]

6. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

In another thread, someone debated that armor was rendered almost entirely useless due to player made weapons. I took this and used it to make a new ship.

[​IMG]

I can only describe this ship as being both entirely uninteresting and not wholly unappealing.

7. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I recommend some heavily armored wing tips with decoys. Light armor does still get melted by rockets, so if you're building a gunfighter you need to keep that mind.

8. Terik92 Trainee Engineer

Here is my newest ship, the Blue Harbinger. It still have a few things missing, but it's mostly complete.

9. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Sabrina updates
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

(NO MODS)

This vehicle is something I have been working on for a couple of months, on, and off, it was originally a light attack truck, that slowly started to become the Ultimate exploration vehicle, it can take one hell of a beating, and keep on going. I have spent countless hours testing it. Probably more time testing it than actually building it. I can at last say I am satisfied with the end result, and actually had fun driving around one of my own creations, testing it was fun, and am comfortable enough to post my little brain child now. This is probably version 30.0 <-- but ima just call it the Pug Rover, after my initial design a while back.

*My Favorite Feature, survives 100-110m (or 328ft) at terminal velocity.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820916865

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  11. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Awesome. Could you include a feature that spits out the position (GPS coordinates) as three raw numbers with a comma between them to a separate, clean text panel? Make this an option controlled by a bool. That way the GPS coordinate can be programmed into a guidance program for a GPS missile. Another bool can control whether or not that text panel is overwritten or just added to. That way a log of points of interest can be made... if you want to bombard targets at a later time. That would make this script twice as useful as it is now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  14. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

For another option, check out Wicorel's scripts. I use them on my latest ships if you want to see an example. They have GPS logging feature among other features..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Newest project, most likely going to be abandoned.

[​IMG]

The ship I was trying to imitate looks a helluva lot better than anything I could come up with.

[​IMG]

16. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Copying ships with lots of round details is tough

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I would start with the basic sketch of the ship. What are the minimum dimensions to approximate the curves? Then I'd build out the basic nacelles.

18. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I mostly decided that while it is a nice ship, the interior is cramped, and I'm not the right person to attempt something like that.

19. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Agreed. Gets significantly easier the bigger they are, though.

20. Dragonspride Apprentice Engineer

Damnit rotal take your black magic elsewhere not everyone is as adept at making circles as you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

And the Grinder goes round and round, round and round, round and round, and the Grinder goes round and round, round and round, all day long....

22. carnivore Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

If you can get a 3D model of it, you can cheat and import the hull with SE Toolbox. All you have to do at that point is smooth it out (since the import only uses the basic block shape and no 2x1s) and then fill out the interior to your liking.

24. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Dunno if a 3d model exists let alone how to import something like that. Even then, I tried to imitate it, not copy it.

So far, I've had the most success with refitting older hulls.
    Managed to turn a light cruiser into a heavy cruiser. Interior is an ugly mess because more turrets means more conveyors.

Kept one of the hangars for no particular reason. Also, I could probably squeeze in a player-made torpedo bay in the aft section, if I knew how to make one.

25. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Change it to GPS:Asteroid:-4795.85:-2096.83:-3580.41:
    This is for if you go to the LCD then go to gps tab all entries are now in the gps list

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  26. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

About that, I have found a candidate to try this, but there's one problem. The models are in (the by now ancient) .X format. A format not recognized by SEToolbox. On top of that, all of the converters I've tried can't open said files either.

Edit: Apparently an online converter is better at its job than half a dozen 3D applications including, but not limited to, Blender.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  27. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Well, hopefully you get something that works, and then customize it from there. I suck at mentally scaling ship dimensions when designing large stuff, so I recently experimented with a 3D import. It takes a long time to clean up a 21,000 block hull, but it looks real nice when you touch it up.

28. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

:D

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    Automerge? Automerge.

21k? Heck, this thing has 69k blocks, and will probably drift around this number. They don't call it a Dreadnought because of looks.
    Changed the midsection from Armada CNC to Armor. Armor has a shape that's more turret friendly.

[​IMG]

Digging out the corners and slopes where there should be solid blocks is like finding one hair after another in your soup.

Edit: Whoa, seems I missed the fact that I re-attached the aft section upside down. Welp, she's going under the knife again first thing in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Have fun cleaning up the rear ring, but otherwise looks like a pretty solid base to go with. I made the mistake of choosing an organic (read: round) styled model, so it took a while as I basically had to clean up the entire thing.

30. Skeloton Master Engineer

Some people say "for an engineering game, there isn't much engineering to do". To them I say, "This?"

[​IMG]

This is a double articulated truck with a torsion bar suspension. It works well enough, though this model I kinda made the suspension too weak to tackle hills so it face plants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 9