Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Showing what the Lidar looks like.

2. Impulsgeber Trainee Engineer

This is one of my newest builds. It's a deep space transceiver station with a command center right under the dish and a wall with gattling turrets.
    It's a good option to keep contact with your homebase when you're on the surface of the alien planet :)

I can push it into the workshop if someone is interested.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Levits Senior Engineer

Well, someone's gotta tell me how to upload blueprints or whatever one of these days. Luckily SE is working right again... Anywho!, been busy. Got tired of trying to fill it in so it's only a husk. One of the Imperial Carries I came up with for something some time ago. yada yada... here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    Imperial Carrier; also used as a troop transport. <Though the Imperial Teskangaru Combat Transport ship is bigger and carriers more... everything.
    [/SPOILER]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pauli Rikula Trainee Engineer

We had a multiplayer scenario where we tried to kill each another. It didn't go too well for me, but it inspired to make the following build for multiplayer scenarios:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/…

Can be used first for base building and later on as collision defense .

No too fancy or expensive parts used and everything should just work.
    The most expensive parts except for reactor could be just leaved out or build partially.
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

5. Cameron_XV Trainee Engineer

My ship the System Strider. Not particularly fancy but still the biggest ship I have bothered to make in survival.

6. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 5
  7. punkatron Trainee Engineer

Hi, newb alert. Just wanted to show my appreciation for some of the awesome designs in this thread. Fantastic work guys, Some blow my mind. Awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ghettodexter Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Cpt. Kirk Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  10. Levits Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Updated Malduke Torpedo Hvy. Cruiser
    5: main guns (need mods), 16: secondary's (need cannons instead), 8: AA guns (need better AA guns). 4 large torpedo holds (large-ship blocks), 10 missile tubes (small-ship blocks), 1 hangar (can fit up to 2 or 3 large-sized fighters), and plenty of space for anything. Kinda roomy and this version has a place below to talk business or strategy. <Can be reworked to add another main gun or secondary small hangar.

11. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(To all complaining that these are way too many hydro engines - thats true)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Testing of a 12.5m x 12.5m x 17.5m cruise missile launch system.

13. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

First combat-oriented vessel I've made in a while. It's designed more for the looks than anything else, really. Against anything that isn't min-maxed, I'm sure it'll perform admirably. Almost all of the important thrusters are recessed quite deep within the shell and it is an 80t craft, so acceleration and deceleration isn't a huge selling point, but it turns on a dime and can maintain power and maneuverability while under fire.

16 gatling guns, 4 rocket launchers. Chews through ammunition real fast.

• Like Like x 3
  14. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

Link to the ship on steam workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846612701

*This ship is made to replace the vanilla starting vessels without being as overpowered as the easy starts, there are no solar panels on the ship yet its main source of power is through the use of batteries, and few reactors. that is the first challenge. Second challenge is that its only form of thrust is hydrogen.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  16. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Working on a Guided Missile Frigate (FFG).

Range is technically unlimited but aiming for max range of 50km.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

18. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You can get rid of the grinder by taking the blueprint of your missile and applying armor blocks to business end of the merge block where the host merge block should be. In creative, you can attach armor to the face of the merge block. Your merge block will then weld up to the host merge block without any need for additional support or the grinder.

I also use this technique to create a jig of multiple missiles in one blueprint. You just have to make sure that no projected parts of the jig will be in range of welders.

Here's a demonstration.

19. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

They have removed that mount point in dev. which also change the merge system.
    So right now in dev you need the loop around. but They are said to be making a merge only mount point to get it back to merge to merge again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  21. plaYer2k Master Engineer

While toying around with the new properties for ship controller to read the users linear and angular inputs i made three simple car setups.

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849828249

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850364167

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850346517

The use of each of these setups is rather simple. "Control" the remote control and use WSAD+Space. Turning on spot is simple but the actual friction, especially on voxels, doesnt work too well due to how the wheel blocks perform.

22. Spaced Engineer Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  23. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Interesting shape

24. Levits Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    A rework of the Older C-1 Fighter Support Corvette. Ended up with two completely different models.

The one on the left is closer to the original concept where the launch platforms fold up and out of the way. It ended up being a few blocks longer, but a lot skinnier due to the rotors and separate grid hitboxes. In the end, it lacks the massive cargo capacity that the older version has. The older version, I've redesigned to have a form of small landing strips. It maintains all of its original cargo capacity and manufacturing capacity (turning it into a supply and support ship). Whereas the Fighter Support Corvette can carry enough material for resupplying fighter weapons and providing pilots with a place of rest, the newly named Supply Corvette has the ability to manufacture materials for repairs and anything else. Remove one of the 3 large cargo containers and it can also resupply hydrogen.

Had to rework some of the interior layout to fit the vents and airlocks on the old model, but it turned out rather well. As per usual, these ships are not designed to fight against anything. Though they can defend themselves against some small strike-craft, they are vulnerable to nearly anything. Somewhere, at some point in time, I'll eventually find a way to fit that massive FTL block onto them.

25. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

D-77 TC Pelican (W.I.P) (1 mod = Small ship glass)
    [​IMG]

Comparison Photo: (The version on the left is a scrapped attempt from over a year ago... I finally decided to reattempt this build just last night and i'm happy with how it's coming along.)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  26. Snugglez Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Dont get me wrong, those are really nice ships, but would that not be one of the main points for such a construction? To be capable of jumps and bring in Supplys and the like? I get a light vibe that they missed the point on the last meters on the feature list....

28. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

M4 "Rapier" Interceptor MK-II:
    [​IMG]
    Key Data:
    Mass: 26t
    Dimensions: 11,5m x 6m x 4,5m (LxWxH)
    Acceleration: 0-100m/s in ca. 6,77s
    Armament: Fixed "Volcano" Dual-Gatling, 1 Gatling Turret, 4 sequenced Rocketlauncher
    Traits:
    - Light Armor
    - Enclosed Cockpit with LCD Infopanels
    - Antenna and Remote Control
    - 3 nosemounted Decoys
    - Front- and Ventral-Camera
    - 250 L Storage Capacity (realistic Setting)
    - O2-Tank and -Generator
    - Small Conveyor System only
    - Breaking-ASsist-System (BASS) based on Whiplash141' "Turn 'n Burn"-Script

Scripts by MMaster & Wizzard-Whip

Blueprint: Click me hard!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Levits Senior Engineer

You're 100% correct on that. Though the lore of my ships would have far smaller FTL drives and include strike-craft with FTL capabilities, these ships in the game would have to have FTL to make them practical. I could readily add them to the front (took a bit of thought and consideration). But I would have to rework the interior plumbing (not much of an issue), but the most annoying part is that I would have to have this block exposed. <For me though, there is little that irks me more than to have major devices exposed to the outside elements. Could cover it with catwalks...

Eh, it would be a simple conversion really... for the most part.

30. Seff Apprentice Engineer