Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Saar Trainee Engineer

My first sharing : a mothership inspired by Protoss one's.
    Still working on it but have no idea at the moment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. halipatsui Senior Engineer

A wip hydrogen fighter drone i am building.
    As seen from the ending it still need a bit honing tho :woot:

• Like Like x 2
  3. KC32 Trainee Engineer

I can't remember the last time I posted something here. Anyway, I started playing with the new blocks and the new textures, and decided to redo one of my favorite ships.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Danube-class Runabout

Flies in both space and atmosphere, with a hydrogen tank to get it between the two. I threw in as much detail (not particularly accurate, but looks good to me) as I could, along with a ton of LCDs and the normal utilities.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crusader Apprentice Engineer

¨

Remarkable. I like simple designs, very nice.

5. KC32 Trainee Engineer

Thanks! I try to make ships that are functional, easy to build/repair and work without mods.

Speaking of functional, I actually don't know for sure if the thing can make orbit in survival, I hope a single H2 tank is enough.

6. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

It should be enough hydrogen with that size, especially if you take the atmo thrusters all the way up first. Looks nice.

7. FireGuy1996 Trainee Engineer

Anchor 9 from Halo Reach, exterior nearly complete, and a planetary surface shipyard capable of supporting a frigate (as seen on the pad, my incomplete Charon class frigate)

Anchor 9 is built from scratch, while the planetary compound uses (with permission) the "Industrial Compound" buildings made by BlackArmor on Steam. Gutting and replacing the interiors and adding some details to the exteriors. The Pelican belongs to Derp2793

Anchor 9 with a Paris Class Frigate and a Sabre (built by Venom415)
    [​IMG]

Still a lot more work to do
    [​IMG]

_________

Planetary Compound (so far) with a Charon Class Frigate on the pad
    [​IMG]

(Pelican by Derp)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶e̶n̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶a̶n̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶s̶? It appears that Commander Rotal's Monarch Class has answered this question.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pioneer Class destroyer; interstellar warship and planetary gunship. Capable of functioning as a light carrier and advanced mining platform.
    Possesses advanced shielding systems.

Armaments:
    • 6x 230mm anti-ship cannons
    • 2x 230mm fixed battlecannons
    • 16x 122mm anti-armor cannons
    • 10x 50mm anti-fighter turrets
    • 14x 23mm point-defense turrets

Side notes:
    • Workshop link: Will be provided once official ship testing is complete.
    • Interior is bland.
      • I could not make a pretty interior if my life depended on it.
    • Decoys are placed around the ship to pull enemy fire from the bridge and weapons.
    • Capable of atmospheric flight (tested on Alien Planet).

9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I like triangular hulls for ships designed for space and atmosphere without using hydrogen. Having a lot of surface area to mount upward thrusters compared to relative mass is important. I suppose you could make something else that resembles a brownie pan... but that wouldn't look as interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Crusader Apprentice Engineer

I keep trying to design some large ships, but they end up looking ugly :/ Any inspiration people?

11. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

Look to popular science fiction, or even unpopular science fiction, for inspiration on hull framework. Generally, building a bridge or hangar first is the easiest approach.

A seed-based model generator may also be of interest to you. Here's one which works off of any combination of characters you enter, with "Arbiter" pre-selected: http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=Arbiter

Also, in case you ever feel a need to: never rush designs to completion. It is always okay to invest extra time, even if it is weeks, to make one design your masterpiece. It is also okay to start over from scratch or remove entire existing sections to make major changes along the way; I'd recommend copy/pasting when doing such to prevent loss of old work. For example, the Pioneer I posted just above went through eight iterations (I'm currently working on #9).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

The workshop is a good way to get ideas. Seeing how other people solve construction problems helps me create solutions of my own. I've also had recent success designing key elements separately and then assembling them in a way that makes sense. Eg. Build the hangar, missile silo, rotor turret, and bridge, then assemble and add the remainder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FireGuy1996 Trainee Engineer

Looking at popular video games is how I got my start. I started with re-creations of the Halo frigates and over time grew my skills and discovered new ways of doing things. Up until a few weeks ago I didn't know there was a way to combine large and small grids and now I can fit so much more detail into my ships.

When looking at a ships from other games and movies to re-create, I find that the more square and bulky the design is the easier it will be to re-create them. So far the hardest ship I've attempted to re-create is the Tempest form Mass Effect Andromeda. Too smooth and rounded to really get a good looking exterior hull finished with it.

I too push the entire "take your time" approach. Don't try and complete a build in just a few days. You will stress yourself out and grow to hate it. I tend to work on my ships for a few days, then take a week or so break to regather my thoughts and brainstorm a little.

14. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

[Vanilla and survival ready]
    Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904720262

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Presenting the Jemison Class Frigate, the Extraterrestial Corps of Engineers' (ECE's) first rated ship of the line. The Jemision class is built with a multirole purpose in mind for deep space patrol duties and is not planetary capable. She's equipped with two silos capable of launching LIDAR homing missiles with a lock on range of 3k or even further with wire guidance. The weapon complement consists of one main rocket battery capable of 4 rounds per second fire, 6 missile turrets and 2 gatling turrets. All side mounted turrets are equiped with a self repair welder connected to a projector to keep the ship combat effective. The dorsal section above the hangar contains a slap-on decoy package using centrifugal force to deploy decoys designed to be deployed just prior to combat. The rear hangar is designed to house and launch two Lynx light fighters.

The Jemison Class is equiped with 2 each of oxygen generators, air tanks, assemblers and Jump Drives for longer, open space missions. Crew accomodations are available for up to 4 crew members, including Cryo and Medical facilities.

In addition to its various weapons, the Jemison Class Frigate is equipped with three drones for additional duties. The two Doorkicker drones are designed to fit through small coridors and clear disabled enemy ships of crew and interior turrets prior to boarding. The Grinder Box drone is designed to strip captured ships of precious components without needing to dock with the frigate to unload cargo. This drone is paired with a gravity operated collector array that gently pulls componets into the ship's cargo. Be sure to use the rear camera to aim for the collectors before emptying the grinder's inventory into space.

Special Thanks go the the creators of the following scripts used in this ship:

Whiplash141
    Whip's Auto Door and Airlock Script: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416932930&searchtext=whip+door
    Whip's AI Rotor Turret Control Script: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672678005&searchtext=whip+rotor

Alysius
    Easy Lidar Homing Script: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807454034&searchtext=easy+lidar
    Launch Control Script: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691441036&searchtext=launch+control+script

15. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  16. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

17. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Nice ship Genesis, but it looks similar only from top. My ship from side is bulky and looks like 5 floor building with hangar doors on side and cca 500m long. ;) But wings from top of ship sliding on wings on sides really looks nice, meybe i will copy it next time. :D

18. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Skeloton Master Engineer

20. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

There is more crusaders symbols inside ship, but i didnt want place to many crosses on ship and make Almighty Clang mad :clang: In SE you can worship only Clang :D ( in blue window above sword is second cross from lights for example )

21. FireGuy1996 Trainee Engineer

22. Phantom92 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

WIP of my latest tank build so far, design suggestions are appreciated. :D

23. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  24. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Not sure what class of ship this'll be or even if it'll be any good. But it's something.

[​IMG]

25. Skeloton Master Engineer

WIP Nomad Range

[​IMG]

Left -> Right: Nomad Heavy Flyer Transport, Nomad Flyer Transport/Surveyor, Nomad Grounded Transport/Surveyor.

26. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I suppose that apart from a handful of interior details such as proper lighting and LCD signs, this battlecruiser is pretty much finished.

27. Smokki Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  28. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

29. Smokki Trainee Engineer

30. Crusader Apprentice Engineer

My Warhammer ship, WIP. Still gonna be lots of work, not exactly looking forward to painting it right now lol.

[​IMG]