Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I did something like this a few years ago. You're better off using Taleden's Inventory Manager script rather than building multiple refineries that will sit idle or need constant management.

3. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

4. Weyun Trainee Engineer

5. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

6. Smokki Trainee Engineer

7. pro100wryjtvpl Trainee Engineer

8. Weyun Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  9. pro100wryjtvpl Trainee Engineer

10. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  11. Calaban Junior Engineer

12. pro100wryjtvpl Trainee Engineer

13. ChronosTaldeer Trainee Engineer

14. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  15. Weyun Trainee Engineer

Mobile Artillery MA-51 Fire-Ox
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1338313576

[​IMG]

Variation of Support Transport ST-51 "Ox Wagon" (with 8 MP-203AA "Pinecone")
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1301214916

Classification: Military Support Transport
    Sub- Classification: Mobile Artillery Ship
    Manufacturer: DaePak Logistic Vehicles Co. LLC
    Armaments: 4x RG-41 "Kobalt" Gravity Railguns
    Number of Main docking ports: 3 (Supply Capable)
    Section:"Main ship" Section + "Ammo Barge" Section
    Internal Cargo Types: Cargo, Oxygen
    Power Systems: Reactors, Solar, Battery
    Propulsion: Non-JUMP capable
    Act as Recharge station: Yes
    Minimum Crew number: 14

16. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

So after my last survival outing that ended in tragedy;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I abandoned playing on my own for going out to a mates group server and helping him with some "getting into space solutions". These pics are of my tests while we build the real thing on his server (due to the secrecy of his base I won't show any images of it :D). The launch pad is our backup base and hidden elsewhere on the planet.

This is FRI Cronus the Falcon Heavy of SE. Simple, versatile and a hoot to watch launch!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now this is what will become a silo that lifts the rockets out from underground (really really secret base lol). This was the mock up I did to test its feasability, currently halfway through the build process on the server.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SE does reward you when you work within the physics confines of it. Who needs massive laggy space battles when you can do engineering like this! :tu:

Once we have the interior space done or at least framed with one of the rockets inside on the server in survival i'll report back with a pic :)

17. Snugglez Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Well I did it!

[​IMG]

So here we can see the technique I used which actually worked alot better than in the creative SP world. I found that welding up the temp blocks stopped me from losing 10 minutes work if I ended up grinding the wrong block away too quickly. Also this was taken right before I fell to my death. Why don't we have a warning buzzer again for low H2?

[​IMG]

Level 1 to 6 completed here. Got a little wobbly but then I stabilised it with the piston settings and some ideas on guide rails.

[​IMG]

All eight tiers complete and ready to go!. Testing really began here with 10-20 cycles of it up and down continuously and at different speeds and force settings. Really they don't work unless I max the forces which of course go all mean and red but it does what its supposed to so after every cycle we switch off and reduce the numbers too. Some housekeeping when its used but i'd rather have some extra steps to it working than not working at all.

19. Sergej515 Trainee Engineer

I have made a Large Grid Mining Ship / Mobile Base in a modular construction style. Modular in the sense of using segments to put it togather in creative mode, then printing the saved blueprint in survival.
    There are complete ships attached to the kit, to check out and test the segments.

>>>Workshop Link<<<

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Aimbot version coming soon...

21. Spets Master Engineer

22. Calaban Junior Engineer

I like the 1x1 wheelie bar braces- but I still wonder what that little hangar vehicle does... just a trash receptacle for misc. stuff?

It gave me an idea for a "scooper" vehicle, with a collector on the nose at ground level... to gather up dropped scrap/ores and deadguy dropped tools and stuff. Maybe give it a Roomba script to patrol the hangar floor.

23. Spets Master Engineer

it have absolutely no purpose. Or you can use it to carry construction materials, but since you can just connect everything with conveyors it is just for decoration

24. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Updated laser mod with new turret

• Like Like x 1
  25. SileniusFF Apprentice Engineer

@Hotshot Jimmy
    Liked Your "rocket on rails" solution :) It inspired me to try alternative way of transporting my version
    of Falcon Heavy. Surprised how stable this is now. Wheel update really changed things. :tu:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Haha ye its alot of fun, we had a cross design for storing the rockets with a turntable in the middle. It was all really cool stuff but due to us mining too mich of the planet out we had to call it a day sadly. Possibly on the next world we are on but the scenario is very very different.

• Like Like x 1
  27. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

28. Phantom92 Trainee Engineer

29. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

30. Weyun Trainee Engineer