Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Fine... I posted this in the German subforum, sadly I did not get around to make a full discription yet:

How it startded:

[​IMG]

How it ended:
    [​IMG]

The Lunatic class Battleship MKIII: Artimes. 28.000t of pure joy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If someone wants to try it blind:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1784389316
    Someday there will come a full discription, but not today =P

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

I'll bite.

Here's a DE and DD in the same style as the previously posted C(AB) :

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well then. Smol collection of uploads!
    I bring you: shitty jeeps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ranger Team Jeep: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1785624468

The Ranger Team, here presented with the uploaded generic Masrani Purple (also yes, still colorblind, i'm very happy calling this purple, you do NOT need to correct me), is a freestyle approximation of the Ranger Team Jeep unit from the game Jurassic World Evolution. This unit is used for just about everything except tranquing dinosaurs, including fotography.
    There are several skins unlockable in the game and they *do* change the model slightly so i decided to go with a generic design, mostly based on the unlockable 1993 Jeep Wrangler model.
    As all jeeps in this lineup descend from this blueprint they all share a sneaky hidden Cockpit inside the engine-compartment.

[​IMG]

Employee Jeep: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1788115140

Our first exclussively movie-inspired vehicle comes to us in the form of the "Official Use Only"-jeep used by Claire Dearing and Starlord while hunting for Gray and Zach in an indominated dinosaur park. The roof is a little more squished down than i'd like, approaching Humbee-territorry; i tried a higher, more accurate design but that just didn't work out visually, for *my* taste at least. Also not super happy about the lack of metallic OOMPH in the silver paint but there's not much i can do about that.

[​IMG]

Tour Explorer: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790804661

My precious little nugget, the crown jewel and least appropriate vehicle for the Jurassic World franchise i'm rebuilding - the fabeled customized Ford Explorer used for the original park's tour.
    Decked out with hidden Cockpit, projection windows, bubble roof, camera, speakers, warp nacelles, cup holders, ventilators, pole dancing poles, the 1994 Denver Bronchos and i may have gotten carried away with the listing there but the point is i selfishly *love* this thing even though it's stupidly oversized (like all of these cars), has a horrible Small Grid-dictated inaccurate paint job and, frankly, it's got a missing logo on the bonnet where i'm still thinking about solutions.

You can expect these AND MOAR vehicles in the imminent upload of the Jurassic World Ranger Station building. The exterior is done, i've just been too lazy / distracted with cars / busy in the last few days to tackle the interior. Since everything in this project just happens to be three to ten times the size it should be i have decided to turn the Ranger Station's interior into an actual car depot and workshop so i'd like to get some more love in the inside's details. Have a snek pek! (Exterior shots may or may not be unfinished)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Obviously there can be many problems producing errors, from a simple Steam hickup to the file being too large, so just keep trying to bruteforce it :D however, i *did* have a persistent, consistent problem specifically with uploading blueprints myself. After some googling i found a few threads about the option "Enable Steam Cloud" being responsible for that; only local blueprints can upload to the Workshop and somehow that option screws with that. Ever since i've disabled that checkbox (Settings -> Game Options) i've never encountered that problem again, might be worth trying.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Sadly that did not help. but thanks for the information!

7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Sorry to hear that :( With a bit of luck it's just Steam servers being overloaded by the Summer Sale :/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Detachable Command Module / Short-range atmospheric shuttle

[​IMG]

I've been in a very Star Warsey mood of late and decided to try and do a 'Millennium Falcon'esque freighter - This is the cockpit which I decided to have be detachable and be used for limited flight purposes. It handles like a pig but I like how is turned out.

Now to design the actual main ship.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Sadly, still no blueprint and an error messege that it just failed.... I think I am going to open a ticket or something.

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Monarch Drop Ship - Prototype

I decided to create a dropship based on a few design principles.
    I wanted a ship that could carry some mass and not tear up voxels upon landing.
    It should be able to direct the majority of its thrusters downward while in atmosphere but use them in balanced spaceflight.
    Lightweight for maximum load.
    High pilot visibility.
    Lots of LCDs
    Menu driven control (soon!)

The ship is strictly transport so there are no armaments. It wouldn't last long in a straight-up fight anyways.
    It's built as a shell and will be released to the workshop that way, so you can build your own interiors.
    There's a main hangar with a two-stage ramp, two unused but airtight areas for additional hangars to be built, extra hydrogen, whatever you decide to use the space for. There's a 1 block space behind the bridge and above the main cargo bay that can be built-out as well as four smaller areas above the landing gear and between each set of nacelles.

The entire ship is designed to be navigated without a jetpack in gravity. I make use of ladders and even a connector on a piston that can be ridden up to the hull of the ship. Below the ship is a group of four merge blocks. When connected they will form an airtight seal with another ship of the same design. A piston can be used as an elevator (from whatever the dropship is attached to). I plan on making the drop-ship part of a larger design using this homebrew docking ring.
    Above the ramp are retractable solar panels for charging batteries.

I've constructed the nacelles attaching to a conveyor block that has a projector block right next to it. So every nacelle can be blueprinted and projected after the body is built. I wanted to keep the design survival compatible. It weighs in at about 4.5million kg.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lazer Trainee Engineer

12. chrisb Senior Engineer

Just doing the interior slowly. First deck is around 80% done. Not sorted the colour for the lighting yet, or the paint for some parts inside, will have to put time on one side for that. But it's getting there very slowly.

Works well in survival so far, but there is still loads of work to do on it yet.

13. chrisb Senior Engineer

Very loosely based on ED's Corvette. Just the shell with some working parts.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  14. Weyun Trainee Engineer

Build & Command (B&C): RTS Style base building Map V0.4

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1800167993

---INTRODUCTION---
    Remember the old Real Time Strategy (RTS) games like Command & Conquer?
    They had a construction unit which built a building if a player had the required resources. Once built, these buildings either provided unit manufacturing capabilities or provided advances along the tech tree so that a player could get access to better buildings or units. They also had resource gathering units which would travel between resource fields and resource processing buildings.
    Finding the Nanite control Facility MOD recently, I tried to recreate this experience in space engineers.

15. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

Something I've been tinkering with for a while.... completely vanilla.

Trans-Atmospheric Supply Hauler model 80 (TrASH-80)

(Insert suitable apologies to Tandy Computer Corp here)

[​IMG]

I wanted the smallest large-grid vehicle that could carry cargo pods from orbit to planet surface. It started off smaller, but grew to accommodate six large cargo containers. Thrust pack had been through multiple evolutions and I'm still tweaking.

I'm thinking of moving the entry airlock to the port side. I don't recall why it started off starboard side, but there's no reason it can't be swapped now.

Airtight, survival ready.
    No weapons, no jump drives*.
    Med room, 3 Cryo, 2 O2 gens

805K kg empty
    Max takeoff in 1.0G 1.75M kg**
    Max landing in 1.0G 1.5M kg***

Orbit-capable at 1M kg from 1.0G using atmo and ion only.

* Jump drives in a cargo pod work just fine
    ** I've made orbit @ 2M kg, but it requires patience and technique
    *** Landing @ 2M kg is possible, but it takes even more patience and technique and is not advised

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pods are intended to be attached by merge block but can be held in place with connector (at suitable connector strength). Pods with extended forward lip (three pods in front, above) are airtight to the main cabin when merged.

Blueprint is oriented so the ship can build itself starting with a projector and a battery, without adjustment (place projector free-floating in 0 G, attach battery at rear of projector, load blueprint, start welding). If you attach the projector to another grid, the rotation point will shift and you'll need to adjust position. Blueprints for pods loaded into the ship's projector must be adjusted forward 7 and down 2.

Pods are intended to be convertible to rover for limited mobility, makes it a lot easier to connect multiple pods together to build larger habitats.

[​IMG]

Pod form factor is 9x11 blocks (7x9 interior space, completely open and airtight). Fill it up however you want.

Maneuverability is highly dependent on weight, but is perfectly acceptable for a supply ship (ie this is not a hotrod). Provides flight and engineering challenges -- definitely a thinking man's ship.

If there's any interest I'll upload the blueprints to Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

Stentorian-Class Frigate: The "Ever Onward"
    100% Vanilla, W.I.P
    575m Long

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  18. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Will you ever put some of these beauties on the workshop? They're glorious!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Terminal_6 Trainee Engineer

Arbiter-Class Ventral Siege Battery

[​IMG]

This is a survival-ready "roleplay" ship I've been (re)working for a couple years. It might not be my prettiest ship, but it's certainly my most "systematically intensive." Superlaser turret controlled by Whip's MART script and player-made missiles controlled by Whip's optical guidance script.

20. Cpt. Kirk Trainee Engineer

New Station, waiting next update!!!
    [​IMG]
    This station is based on Relay Station - Hanso Ind., from Workshop de Dr. Skeeter