Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I love that, Anoth. Making Large Ships as small as possible is really fun. I assume you're planning on a laser antenna, rather than a big honkin' radio one?

2. Anoth Junior Engineer

There is sadly no space left there becouse there is already the Reactor and the main Cargocontainer of the ship :/
    Thanks :) The Current ship, as i last worked on it, is 10 Blocks long 3 High and 5 wide. I even have one based on the same hull that is only 9 Blocks long but it's realy hard to find space for everything... I can't even add a laser antenna without going out of the current size x.X

3. chrisb Senior Engineer

I build a lot of single deck ships, sort of as a range for my in-game world I'm building up.

But if its manufacturing that's needed, then it has to go to a couple of decks, perhaps more like this one for food growth, processing and supply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a lumbering, slow to get underway ship, that would travel between systems trading food for anything it needs I suppose. Run by nomadic family type businesses, well that's how I see it anyway. Similar in a way, to the families that lived and worked on barges that ran around the UK in the early to mid part of the last century (rivers & canals).

Its weird how, as you build these things, the life of the ship gets clearer and clearer in your minds-eye. You can see and imagine the people that may run these types of ships, their life style etc. Not running around blasting everything in sight, but simply existing in another way other than nailed to a planet. Its fun and interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I like it, was going to try something like that myself. What I had in mind would be asymmetrical and just a touch longer to fit antenna.

5. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Tried something a little different:

• Like Like x 8
  6. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Here's a first look at a fleet I'm building:

[​IMG]

The armour LOD makes me sad...

All ships have been built for LAN multiplayer and work in survival with oxygen. They are designed to execute a specific role in a fleet. They are all mod free. There are no Pistons or Small Ship Landing Gear and Rotors are only used for "medium" ships.

I will be uploading all of these to the workshop as soon as I'm happy they're polished enough. I hope you guys like them. More ships and lore coming soon!

• Like Like x 4
  7. chrisb Senior Engineer

Well done for keeping them mod free. I wish I could resist the dark side.

8. Groodiz Trainee Engineer

9. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

it is a tough goal to stick to. those modded ships just look so fantastic..

10. chrisb Senior Engineer

It is tough because when it comes down to interiors especially, there is really no option unless its small block furniture, which can end up taking too much room.
    Then you have the problem of 'I think I'll just look for a table or cabinet', then start working your way through the WS and see all this amazing stuff for the exterior as well.

You see the dark-side will call us all eventually. I think resisting it is probably futile.....................:eek:
    :munch:

• Like Like x 2
  11. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

I know exactly what you mean about interiors. The vanilla blocks are not too bad when making industrial areas and the bridge, but crew quarters/recreation/lab etc is virtually impossible. I generally leave an empty room or two for this kind of thing in case we get any vanilla beds, desks etc in future, but it seems unlikely Keen will add any purely decoration interior blocks for this though, so I guess it's mods or nothing.

12. chrisb Senior Engineer

Yeah, I was thinking about it, so popped in-game and had a play around, sort of 80's style fitted bedroom, but passes and it was done pretty quick, so could be made better. But its proves very easy to put into a space, provided of course you put it in during build.

Mag locks to the rear of the bed. (still need mods)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double bed, couple of dressers, w/robe, seat, sideboard affair, fitted units.

It drops into a 3x2, could be made smaller if needed.

This would be o.k. for my single deck ships as I fit out with the roof removed, so it would be easy to just drop these in and custom them to the room. Same with kitchens, lounges, etc. Just need to keep them all joined in some way. This is a whole piece.

Of course it all could be positioned exactly, to hit the floor and walls where seen. I didn't really bother here too much. ;)

Edit: couple more types:
    Lounge area not enclosed yet.
    [​IMG]

Kitchen
    [​IMG]

Kitchen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Dude, you can't be serious right now... That's the most beautiful thing I've seen in SE yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I love how you can just be cruising along the community creations, and all of a sudden you get bushwacked by an entire fleet of awesome looking ships that you had no idea existed before. Those look fantastic! You've also got a very consistent building style, which helps sell the idea that they're part of a unified fleet structure.

Edited so as to avoid double-posting:

[​IMG]

Got this put together much more quickly than I thought it would, especially considering how the week and a half has been. :mad:I had a lot of pieces lying around from previous attempts, and it all came together much more quickly than I expected. Please excuse the artificial mass blocks hanging off the side. Damaged version here; as I recall, this one could still fight. Proper presentation coming soon (hopefully).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  15. chrisb Senior Engineer

Abrams ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Partially Abrams inspired, partially from the Leclerc, and not insignificantly from the New Conglomerate Vanguard. The desert paint scheme does make it look especially Abrams-esque, though, now that you mention it.

17. Groodiz Trainee Engineer

Because even in space you need road sign...

Fully vanilla and you can remote control them :)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mighty_87 Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  19. goduranus Junior Engineer

Use space balls for gravity on the tank, they generate 5 tons each, compared to 2 tons for AM blocks, so you can have fewer of them and cause less performance usage.

20. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Eeeh ... been avoiding the Space Balls, TBH. They're just too weird for me. More importantly though, this is meant for when planets are released; it won't need any form of artificial mass then!

And it's out now!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  21. Spectre250 Trainee Engineer

Well my next project is underway, but not done quite yet. So I wanted to post a pair of WIP shots for my new carrier. I based this one on an old heavy warship I built over a year ago, but gutted it and rebuilt the vessel as a carrier with fully modern systems (O2, thruster damage, etc). Right now, I think the final model will cash in around 40 kilotons with a hangar capacity of 36 fighters and two shuttles across four bays.

So here's the N-503A ("USAF Viper's Nest") WIP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

So i did this little bannerthingy for my signature and when it was done i remembered that we aren't actually allowed to use pictures. Didn't want it to go to waste and it doesn't warrant a new thread, so
    in celebration of uploading my new empty frame version of the Galaxy 3.0 Project i figured i just post this here.

[​IMG]

(From left to right: Galaxy Class, unnamed Nebula-inspired class (really should come up with a designation for that, i'm so lazy...), Miranda Class, Cheyenne Class, New Orleans Class. Not pictured: my Constitution Refit that didn't turn out well.)

• Like Like x 1
  23. cyrv Trainee Engineer

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  24. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

That's different. :)

25. Groodiz Trainee Engineer

All I can think when I see the beast is the Roccat logo, great work !

26. goduranus Junior Engineer

Here's my survival ship, the Starbridge Model E, "Voyager" Edition, recently updated with all the necessities for a long range voyage, minus perhaps a refinery.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436635698
    [​IMG]

Also, I'm gonna see if I can make my tank assembly automated to offset other people's qualitative advantage with superior numbers;)

Here's the tank printer wip
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  27. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

First Workshop upload:

[​IMG]

Fast Attack Craft

The smallest Large ships made by Hyperion Systems, designed to be relatively fast and operate in groups. FAC include the Falcon Patrol Boat, the Hawk Missile Boat, the Raven Gunboat and the Kingfisher Torpedo Boat

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436718433

• Like Like x 2
  28. AirplaneFood Apprentice Engineer

I made an over sized oxygen farm...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Updated for air and programing
    Pressurized main hanger bay, airlocks between hanger bay, outside and living areas.

How I see it. It is a mobile depot, Can move to an area. Use small ships and drones to build station/ships or repair stations/ships. Mobile grav collect can work to set up a retrains, to move large amounts of cargo, to recover debris in space.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422462013

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  30. Lazer Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1