Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. BoobyTrapGaming Apprentice Engineer

I am going to start working on a station soon. Until that has been finished I will post a couple pictures of my other ships.

2. Brenner Junior Engineer

*Searches for magnifying glass* Looks sleek I think, but I can hardly see it.

3. Neonin Trainee Engineer

It's my Europa-R Racer, one of the variants of the Europa fighter I've been working on. Totally vanilla too :)

4. Brenner Junior Engineer

Aah, thats better. Looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I refitted one of Dwarf-Lord's ships, The Caspian-Class Frigate :D
    Main Features:
    • Projector based gravity cannon [32 rounds in ammo reserves]
    • Smaller profile
    • Airtight hangar
    • Auto door closing and airlock safety script
    • Full oxygen systems
    • Pretty quick :) (3.85 m/s/s)
    • No rotors, mods, or pistons!
    Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=440260544

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrisb Senior Engineer

Its a single deck ship spread over three tiers, well you know what I mean. I haven't really painted it yet, just trying out some colours at the moment.

Did a little more work. Now has terrace type windows looking into the central area.
    [​IMG]

Looking from one terrace over to the other. Not furnished much yet.
    [​IMG]

Out of the terrace is the air supply with oxy tanks.
    [​IMG]

Captains private apartment, with direct elevator access to the bridge.
    [​IMG]

Top/front down.
    [​IMG]

The only thing not vanilla on this is the windows (oh and some of the furniture now :p). I'm using the clear ones again. I haven't finished the ship yet, there will probably be a few more windows and odd bits and pieces. Maybe a good idea to put an antenna and beacon on it, so as not to loose it.:eek:ops: ;)

Edit: Added newer pics.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

It is annoying when you have a plan in your head but after done building it does not look the same.

A large repair ship.
    I started off with requirements of: minimal industry, 2 drones, crew space for 4 and large welding for repairing other ships.
    I thought this ship would be smaller but the requirements mandate a larger ship

2,900 metric tons.. ops I was hoping for under 1,000 but the heavy armor hold up better to meteorites.
    75m Long by 37.5m wide and 37.5m high
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it needs a nickname of the 3-eye bug?

O.I.S. LR107
    Large, Repairship, model 107

This is the lead ship in repair operations from Orbital Industrial Services. Two advance rotor/piston welding arms able to fix the most damage structures. Able to move anywhere in the system. Anti-meteor/pirate guns for light defense. Limited refinery and assembly in engine room to support deep space operations. Living quarters and medical support for 4 crew members.

An advanced computer monitors all living areas and controls the airlocks.

Medium Mobile Dry Dock
    Mass: 2.9m kg ( 2,900 metric tons)
    Size: 75m long, 37.5m wide, 37,.5m high
    Can carry 2 small drones on interior docking pads

Once built or pasted, compile the codes and then start maincomputer to get systems working.

Computer programs loaded.
    Main ship program
    WhiteList computer defense
    Oxygen tank set to 30-60%
    Airlock controls

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450599931

8. Brenner Junior Engineer

Strange .. does anyone else feel the sudden urge to land a helicopter on of those of those landing pads on the sides? ;)

I like the three deck look of your ship, very unique.

9. Sinbad Senior Engineer

ok, ran that little beauty through her paces. did a few runs from a static home port. flawless navigation, even when given targets in silly places, nice straight tunnels, and I love the status panel idea, thats awesome. I noticed that home location was set on launch, so I'm thinking you could cart this around with a mobile factory. as long as the factory doesn't move while the miner is away it should work. I left more detailed feedback in the workshop.

10. chrisb Senior Engineer

Ah.. A space helicopter.. Now there's an idea.:munch:

11. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450657235

Took the basic design from Ravric's Midnight Carrier and expanded upon it. This baby is not 100% automated (not yet anyway) but it does require the operator to do a bit of prep work (next version will only need the initial projection alignment). This printer stores up to 10 different ship and once they have been setup they can easily be mass produced. And for ships this is not a bad design, it has limitations but it is fairly compact and can be made smaller (depending on the size of what you want to build) so it great for ship on the go.

Its uses timer blocks and a single programming block running a script called "Precise Timers" which allow you to set timer blocks by frames per second. This is vary useful as it allowed me to turn the welders on/off ever half a second, greatly cutting down lag when printing some ships.

Precise Timers - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424955427&searchtext=precise+timers

Midnight Carrier - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428877518

Hope you all enjoy this, because this is only the beginning (cue methodical laugh) Muha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ! ! !

ENJOY ! ! !

• Like Like x 2
  12. LordAlexkog Trainee Engineer

Early screenshot of a new mining ship I am working on. I got to thinking that I needed a sporty mining ship. I am considering mounting a turret on the underside in the back. What do y'all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Here's Athena, she's not finished yet, but she seems a good benchmark for DX11.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

They fixed the armour LOD!

Player not moving, viewing world as screenshots show:
    DX9, Extreme: 31fps
    DX11, Extreme, every setting at max, 41fps.

Awesome update.

• Like Like x 7
  14. chrisb Senior Engineer

@LordAlexkog What thrusters you using there. ?

@iN5URG3NT How many blocks is it in total. ?

Both nice ships. :)

15. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@chrisb Total: 17,739 Non Armor: 2,099 Triangles: 1,856,336

For reference: I7 960, 2 x ATI HD5870, 12Gb RAM

16. LordAlexkog Trainee Engineer

17. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Hi guys, finished some work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450899955

Wolverine "Gunship"

Equipped with 8 reloadable rocket launcher, timer blocks for fire sequence, good armor, this ship is ready for any fight. The Wolverine is a basic ship frame for multiple variants and purposes. You can change the equipment moderatly fast to the "Exploration" variant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450900334

Wolverine "Explorer"

The Wolverine "Explorer" variant brings everything you could need for a long time in space. This multi purpose ship features an oxygen tank and generator, more cargo space, 2 rocket launchers for light resistance and a small mining drone to collect precious ore or ice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vulture Fighter Bomber

Manoeuvrable fighter bomber with 4 reloadable rocket launchers and a timer block sequence for auto fire. Using only light armor, the vulture weights only 26 tons. Equipping heavy armor for engagements with heavier ships is highly recommended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450901119

Wasp Interceptor

This battery driven highly manoeuvrable interceptor comes with 6 Gatling guns and is ready to wreck those bomber squads out there.

Feedback is always appreciated!

• Like Like x 4
  18. chrisb Senior Engineer

19. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I love DirectX 11... it makes everything look awesome.. The way shadows work now is nice... and the darkness.... It's so beautiful........

Some bugs of course, but... soooo much progress, it looks soooooo good.

Noticed with DX11 my favorite color orange has changed.. now it appears to be very light color orange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. LordAlexkog Trainee Engineer

@JD.Horx I really like your Wolverine "Gunship with the cockpit set back like that. I have found that having the cockpit back and up a little helps when making attack runs on AI ships as they always seem to aim at the nose of the ship.

@KissSh0t I really like the DX11. The lighting is sooo much better as well as the asteroid textures.
    I just wish there was a place that listed the mods that had been updated to use it.

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Indeed!! New asteroid lighting is very good, the annoying bug is back where light passes through asteroids if you are inside an asteroid, it had been fixed in DirectX 9 mode... hopefully they get that fixed for DX11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. CruentaUltio Apprentice Engineer

DX11 is really nice, but I get some lighting bugs when I walk inside a ship. (everything suddenly turns black)
    Gonna upload some new pics later.

23. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

NICE in directx11 the mining freeze does not happen. This works great. just have to whitelist or turn off the computer defenses.
    Set up a LMD103 near some asteroids and let the WICO MK3 have fun. Every once in while load up the SDCa100 to bring a load back.

I need to make some minor changes to the SDCa100, adding lights to assist with docking and if I use it with more than 2 WICO MK3 to drop some connectors down away from the solar panels.

24. Kiblams Trainee Engineer

Hi Guys,

Been playing a little while and I have found that I tend to make more utilitarian creations rather than fancy looking fighter jets.

The Space Tractor is a small vessel that can be seen in the middle of lots of different things in the following picture.
    [​IMG]
    The Tractor itself is the vessel close to the front (the cockpit and small engines), currently on the front of it is a module with large engines that I am calling the ,Boost Module' which is helping it to pull not only the trailer with all of the modules and drones attached, but also a large ship mobile platform at the very rear.

The modules/drones include:
    -Oxgen Generator Module
    -Battery Backup Module
    -Cargo Module
    -Boost Module
    -Drone Control Module
    -Mining Drone
    -Combat Drone.

All of the modules/drones fit to the front of the tractor for ease of connecting on and of the trailer (the long bit with solar panels on it) as needed which also works as a conveyor system running through the centre of it all. Each merge block has a button on it to disengage both the merge block and connector to help make it simpler to work with (Also due to merge blocks messing up toolbar configurations)

The rear dock has 2 merge blocks that lock the platform into place in a 'pincer movement' and then a central connector locks it in place for flight.

Everything runs off solar/battery power and the oxygen is produced by the 4 farms and the small generator.

Apologies for the wall of text, just thought I would share what I have been working on in survival for the last few weeks for if anyone is inspired or has some feedback.

I have now added it to the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451475261

Cheers,

-Kiblams

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anoth Junior Engineer

This is creepy somehow... I did build a ship way back as they put the new Armor Ramps in that looks shockingly similiar to this one x_X

26. Neonin Trainee Engineer

Made this up in preparation for when my new monitor arrives, with a modded Europa-R (well, it has Darth Biomechs armoured thrusters lol) in Team Starblade colours:

[​IMG]

Uncompressed version here: http://gdurl.com/KEuy

• Like Like x 1
  27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

The woes of vanilla small ship building...

28. Brenner Junior Engineer

Damn those SUV drivers and their oversized cars, using up both driving lanes and blocking the streets for everyone else ... :D

29. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Unfortunately early testing has revealed that the thing likes to imitate the T-Rex Paddock scene way too much - it constantly falls off the road and floats into space.
    I think your streets are fine, just give it a few minutes :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Brenner Junior Engineer

This is what im currently working on:
    [​IMG]

Its a new module for my modular fighters, a capital ship killer torpedo that can be mounted instead of the more traditional modules, like the one with gatling guns or rocket launchers on it .

Its based on a concept by wiplash and uses the virtual mass of space balls to increase the bang of the impacting torpedo. During flight, the mass is kept at 0 to keep the fighter manouverable.
    Directly before impact, a sensor tells a programmable block to set the mass of the space ball to its maximum mass, increasing the mass from only 20 tons to about 240 tons.

The space balls are only used for increasing the mass by the way, the missile is propelled by conventional thrusters.
    The fun part is that even space balls that are turned off contribute to the ship mass, so grav shields don't help too deflect the missile.

Edit: just tested how much damage one of this missiles can do. It can penetrate a 5 block deep, large, heavy armor cube.
    Thats in the same league with the grav gun of my Vendetta Battleship. Pretty damn impressive for a small ship weapon.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 3