Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. plaYer2k Master Engineer

Both work very well in single player so i dont understand the issues.

As for MP you sure have to wait til they release the new netcode soonTM³.

2. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

I've actually made a mothership for that tetra design. It's shaped as tetrahedron, thus the name tetra.

Anyway I've placed 6 pistons each side at the tip and connected them to one other using merge blocks so it can open the tip area to let the ship out. Since one single piston or two pistons breaks down which is no surprise given the fact that the object it tries to move is a little big. After placing and merging pistons, I've started having major memory leaks on my computer.

First I thought my computer was having performance issues. Then I've realized when I was watching my performance monitor on my keyboard (G19 LCD Screen), my RAM was getting filled in a massive speed, all 16GB of it.

So my conclusion was, if you merge more than 10 pistons to move something 20x20 ish heavy object, the whole game engine chokes up, leaking this and that everywhere...

Instead I've decided to cut off the tip and made a blueprint out of it so I can use it as a hologram in a projector. Right now that's how I'm handling the situation...

3. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I find when you merge pistons together.. and then move them.. there is slow down.. or at least there has been in the past when I have done it, the slow down was quite noticeable.

4. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

It still is sadly. Either way, I'm a patient man, I don't mind these small issues since I know for sure that they'll fix it eventually...

5. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

at least for me (mostly Single Player Creation Mode) it works after merging pistons to save and reload the savegame. It reduces the lag massivly that occurs when moving the connected object. Any1 got same expieriences?

6. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

Yes, if the amount of pistons I use are somewhere around 5-8, that fixes the issue, tho it comes back as soon as i place another one :)

7. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Just finished this fat little fighter for a competition and like to know what you guys think of it:

M3 "Tsurugi" Heavy Assault Fighter
    [​IMG]
    Key Data:
    Measures: 11,5m x 7,5m x 4,5m (LxWxH)
    Weight: 92t
    Acceleration: 0-100m/s in 9,59 sec
    Armament: 6 Gattlings (front), 1 reloadable Launcher (ventral)
    Traits:
    -cladded in heavy Armor
    -fully enclosed Cockpit (dorsal Entry, easier to reach upside down)
    -Antenna & Remote Control
    -eight Decoys
    -central Front-Camera for aiming / 1stPersonOnly
    -16.375 L Cargo Space (realistic Setting)
    -two O2-Tanks
    -Rear Loading Ramp and Reactor Hatch

BP-Link:
    Click me hard!

Funny Thing, the heavyer my fighters get the less weapons they carry...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

Broke my mouse and finger while clicking to see the link... nope... not shown...

Edit: there we go...
    Edit 2: Thank god my knee is fine...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  9. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

somehow it first directed to a Skyrim Screenshot... i dont even own that game !? Should be fixed now...

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're lacking quite a few variations but hot damn, those ramps they included a while ago... beautiful.

Just a damn shame she's got an open ass because we don't get a door for small ships:

[​IMG]

Edit: i hate the vanilla Landing Gear so. damn. much. It's an eye sore.
    [​IMG]

Edit 2: oh, COME on...

Edit 3: okay, tested it a few more times, this is a problem, not just bad luck once during the recording.

Anyone know a way to make Landing Gears NOT explode? (hands up, who wants a Shock Absorber Block that makes Landing Gears attached to it indestructible even when Block Damage is turned on?)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Sadjuuk Apprentice Engineer

Hello everyone I finished a new version of my workhorse "collector" (version 3)

It's a modular ship, it uses different modular tools, here a drill, and a modular containers.
    I used my first 2 programs to display how the containers are filled and alert you if a drill is broken, you can see the codes here if you are a beginner like me :
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/2...rgo-filling-integrity-drill-cheching.7364761/

You can find the ship here :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483453269

And the first version of an automatic dock for the modular containers (work with timer block so far) :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=482600754

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  13. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Neat, I like the framework design. Do you find ore nuggets not collected by the drills get caught in the framework and cause damage? I tend to use a smooth heavy armor hull after many a catastrophic ore nugget interaction.

14. Sadjuuk Apprentice Engineer

No no I built the first version in survival, and used it a lot, really a lot, to drill or other work with other tools, and I can say it's a really resistant machine !

I don't know why you had problems with ore nuggets, you posted your ship on the workshop ?

15. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Nah, it was a franken ship upgraded after many interations in my first survival world. It was open frame though and tended to trap ore bits. Especially dangerous if combined with a gravity scoop ship.

16. M1stery Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I bet I could get a door on that if you'd like me to give it a try. I fit one on my Petrel, and it's significantly smaller (it wouldn't be airtight, but it'll work to keep stuff in/out). Might even be able to fit some landing gear to it that don't explode.

That is, by the way, the best looking shuttlecraft I've seen in this game, hands down. All your work has such great fidelity to the originals.

18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

That's a kind offer but the thing would already have a door if i used rotors. But they're banned - no save while a rotor or piston is present in the world. My old shuttles had those. Beautiful ramp doors, working fine. Until one day Keen changed something and my entire storage hangar in my Research and Revelopment Station started doing pirouettes around - and into - each other. (The same world is corrupted by now, btw. Rotors and Pistons. Not even once.). I will probably upload it to the Workshop soon, so if you want to take a shot at it i'd be happy to see the result! (Also someone mod the shit out of it plz. It's surprisingly roomy because it's oversized a bit. Doesn't even fit through all of my hangar doors...)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, you *blushes*
    May i hijack you in that regard for a splitsecond? I'm colorblind and going off RGB-numbers but... this is supposed to be a sky-ish blue or duck eggish blue but it looks more rosé-colored to me; is that about right? (The stripe of new hull in the middle. Have to use light armor because of the goddamn cammo pattern (IN SPAAACE!!!!) and Catwalks don't really work for me. This game needs proper Aztecing. And smaller landing gears. And RCS Thrusters. And bigger Airtight Hangar Doors. And FemGineers. And Space Budgies. So much to do! So little time...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  19. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Fair point. They have got to fix whatever's doing that. That seems to happen to your worlds so consistently that I wonder if SE just hates some piece of your hardware (we need moar optimizations).

I ... how the hell have you been doing work this accurate while colorblind? I grew up with a copy of the STTNG Writer's Technical Manual in the house, and I couldn't get the ships that accurate on shape, let alone color (granted, the manual was black and white, but the show certainly wasn't). And yes, it looks just about right for duck egg blue.

20. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

@Dwarf-Lord Pangolin: Much obliged, it helps me out a lot!
    Usually i do unspeakeable things with Paint's color picker, screenshots (shamelessly taken from Memory Alpha or Ex-Astris-Scientia.org - seriously, this site is worth it's weight in go...it's server-pc's weight in gold) and SE Toolbox because for some ungodly reason i need a third party tool for accurate color picking. Grr.
    Though btw - I wouldn't call a white Galaxy all that accurate :D (Seems to work fine for the Miranda and Constitution though.) In the very, VERY early days, shortly after buying the game, i went with gray. It worked until i realized the camo-pattern wasn't random and starts repeating itself on a big enough surface. Cue a 400 meter wide Saucer...

edit: since i exiled Rotors and Pistons - basically everything with moving parts that isn't an Airtight Hangar Door - i don't think i've had a single crash or corruption happening on the Galaxy. All i ever got out of Phand was that it was some kind of physics problem, not a regular world corruption.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  21. Action Hank Trainee Engineer

That is a beautiful Type-7. Can't understand how you are able to consistently produce Star Trek ships in a block based game and have them turn out this good. Are you working on any of the smaller ships? It would be awesome to see your take on a New Orleans class.

22. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@RotalHenricsson If you can, can you build the one ST ship I think this game can handle? It's my favourite ST ship. I'll give you a clue:

"Perhaps today is a good day to die!"

23. BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  24. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

edit: aaaand a few hours later the thought of a ship made of light armor makes me nauseious. (nausous? nauseous?) Will probably revert back to white heavy armor since it's the ONLY color i've managed to get the camo pattern rid off with. Grrr.

Thank you :) It's mostly measuring (the website Ex-Astris-Scientia.org is a fantastic resource for that, check it out!) and absuing the hell out of certain angles (the ship below, for example, looks a bit horrible from the front. I have found out that i SUCK at Deflector Dishes.)
    New Orleans Class: there you go: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=348319985
    [​IMG]
    It's a bit old (note the DX9 Screenshot with the old background <.<) and i really should take the time to refurbish (and, to be blunt, finish) it and may explode when pasted into a world where Thruster Damage is activated.
    Other smaller ships on my workshop: i got a Cheyenne, a Miranda and the decidedly non-star-trek Tidyrus Observation Shuttle.

I'd love to but she doesn't reallyfit my workload right now. Here's the beauty of Starfleet: most ships reuse components or general themes. Once you build a Constitution you can easily kitbash it into a Miranda and Constellation. Once you have the tiny saucer for a Cheyenne you also have the same saucer for other Wolf 359 ships (and i really have to get around to measure it again to see if i can't use it for an Akira!). Once you have a Galaxy you can put in a few hours on the side and refit it into a Galaxy-X or kitbash it into a Nebula. The Defiant... is very, VERY different. For her it's a one-way street in terms of measuring. And, well, there's a bit of a problem in that regard - no one knows how bloody long that thing is because nobody on DS9 decided it. We have screen evidence from 50m to over 200 (people seem to agree on 170m, mostly) andtrying to figure out where a ship of that size would hide it's canon-confirmed fifth deck would be a nightmare. Nevertheless - one day. One day i'll do a Defiant.
    Little fun fact though - i bought SE immediately after seeing one of the first few videos i'd found about it. A video that featured a Defiant so detailed and accurate i'm sure i can't top that - and that at a time when Conveyor blocks did nothing but look pretty. I wish i could find that thing and post it here, it was beautiful with blue / purpleish hull coloring (most likely an STO-player^^).

The empty version of the Galaxy is linked in my signature, next to Darth Rotor (you will also find a Galaxy-X Refit, also empty). I'm still working on a version with at least a LITTLE bit of interior because, truth be told, i don't consider any of my ships finished without interior... but the FPS, man, the FPS... at least the UPS stay at 60 consistently, soooo at least it stutters fluently?

edit says: so many typos....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  25. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/61052816.jpg

[​IMG]

;)

• Like Like x 2
  26. Action Hank Trainee Engineer

Ah yes I still visit that site quite often, think I downloaded half the ship gallery and interior images in case the site ever went away, great resource indeed. The age of your New Orleans shows but that's only due to the games limitations, awesome work there. I've always had a soft spot for the Wolf 359 kit-bashes, highlighters and all, and its really cool to see you've included them in your work. Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more.

27. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

After a long pause, several refits and some new philosophys I am at it again:

Cerberus shipyard presents:

Relent Fighter
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=4845212

Monar Mining drone
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file

[​IMG]

Apollo MK:X combat drone
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481015213

Collanda Gunship

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476043462

[​IMG]

Lunatic class Battleship
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=461868557

[​IMG]

And other things to come:

[​IMG]

Size comparison

• Like Like x 3
  28. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

I don't know why I made this, but I could not stop once I started, and it works in survival.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485252758

[​IMG]

Three different ships in this shot, to the far left is the shuttle where the pilot and crew will be, in the middle is the large fuel can (the shuttle separates from the large thrusters once desired speed is reached) , and to the far right is the re-fueling tube that connects the middle ship to a large cargo container.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Sadjuuk Apprentice Engineer

You should test it with artificial mass to see if it can take off from a planet !

30. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

It works! but it was pretty annoying to handle on my own since it has grav gens in it. Attached a remote control to it so one would be able to auto pilot out of the planets atmosphere.

Actually the auto-pilot disabled the big thrusters.. guess it just cant fly with so many different things happening at once. still works good if you detach the main thrusters though. So at the moment you need to manually guide it in a desired direction, then once the main thrusters get you to full speed, or out of a planets atmosphere. auto-pilot can then be engaged to guide the shuttle alone.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015