Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[since beta maybe] hand tools Grinder and Drill are too big

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NikolasMarch, May 18, 2017 at 23:08.

1. NikolasMarch

[since beta maybe] hand tool Grinder is too big, it takes up too much of the screen, add to this the hit/target boxes are off you dont know what you are grinding half the time, because you cant see, can the grinder be held down out of the way a lot more when not grinding or something so we can see?

same for the hand drill, cant properly see the ore drops to pick them up after drilling them off, it is quicker to put the drill away (pressing 0) to pick the ore drops then 'get it out' again afterwards.

2. ZinuxGamer

Yea Rotal posted a few screenshots between updates see below... trying to weld/grind small grids is torture ... and not really noticed hand drills all that much ... usually drill with a ship.

Update 01.180.1 Minor - Beta Improvements

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ven_Ven

The tools aren't getting any bigger, their just getting closer to the camera and higher in your vision.

Its not a smart decision to have a sharp power-tool so close to your face, then again, the tool speeds get reset every time they touch the Handitems.sbc, so foresight isn't Keen's strongest suit.

4. I23I7 Tester Developer

Hey guys,

Not sure about ti right now i have made a report about it .We will see if there can be any changes done. No promises.

5. Lurch84

@I23I7 The basic hand grinder has changed to a chest burster/peek-a-boo type of thing (off screen until you use it, amused me a lot for a minute). Maybe that'd be good for all the tools bar the rifle as you can see fine, and irl you don't walk around staring at whatever tool you happen to be carrying until you use it.

Edit- nevermind, that got fixed just now.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 14:53
  6. I23I7 Tester Developer

:p Yes its in the hotfix

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Lurch84

Yeah I saw, at least I got my minute of fun out of it :D (still think it's a good idea... ha)

8. I23I7 Tester Developer

No worries

9. Roxette

I agree this would be a good feature, as clearly it's simple to achieve. If Keen don't agree it could be a simple matter to do it with a mod.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jas

.180.5 i still have hand grinder covering my sight .... why?

11. I23I7 Tester Developer

Sigh Jas people like you make me want to stab myself in the morning. Read the forum post again.

12. Roxette

[​IMG]

Monday morning tech support... you have my sympathy, I spent too long in the same kind of situation... Have another coffee, walk around somewhere with windows or outside, or look at cats on the internet for a few minutes... consider having a punch bag installed somewhere at the office, great for stress relief.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I23I7 Tester Developer

We already have one but the artist complain that they dont like me punching the crap out of it outside of lunch and after hours.