Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Skeleton

Discussion in 'General' started by yavine, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. yavine Trainee Engineer

Hello.
    I play at the never surrender scenario and I have found a Ghoul corvette. How can I remove the skeleton inside please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sarekh Senior Engineer

You need to build a torpedo case and play amazing grace via the sound block.
    Or maybe just grind it? Dunno really, but most things tend to be destroyable and as far as i remember that skeleton is just a block

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Roxette Senior Engineer

You can't grind it, you have to shoot it, it takes several clips and it will finally explode, damaging adjoining blocks. Keen trolling much?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. yavine Trainee Engineer

I can't grind it or shoot it. I have destroy the corvette so it not belong to a grid and with the space master panel, I can't found it. It just float above my base.
    [​IMG]

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

Broken image link, yavine

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

He's dead, Jim.

Why remove it when you can have a friend?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I have found that the drop pods now explode too if you let the timers run out. I found out by accident. There was one I was ignoring while I did some work. Got done with "my job" went to check the pod got to it as the timer reached zero then KABOOM!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roxette Senior Engineer

I think they've always been like that? or at least for a long time.

Current project : Making a bus filled with the skeletons... for reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Can you make the skeletons sing "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round..."?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Roxette Senior Engineer

If I can find a recording of suitable voices to add to a soundblock, I believe I can. Thanks for the idea :D

11. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

If by any means you can´t find the 'round´n´round", ...

That would be a nice theme for the scene @Yvine has found.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Has the community named this poor unfortunate less-than-successful engineer yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I vote for the name to be Engineer McDeadguy :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

They have names. If you go to the administrative controls and look at the entity list for objects around you, you'll see names of those guys. Alas, I just checked again, however, and it now only shows "Dead Engineer" in the entity list. And I was sure I'd seen names. I guess I was having a senior moment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Deady McDeadguy, so Eddie? Maybe Eddie McDeadguy? As a guy with a Scottish name I approve of this. :) Poor poor Eddie. Eddie the deady. Eddie the less-than-successful engineer.

Wait a second, don't those dead guys all have their visors open? So doesn't that mean that they all committed suicide? DARK Keen, DARK.

16. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

He died screaming.

17. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Think the visors are cracked open not manually opened..........

18. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...or laughing...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Malware Master Engineer

Well. These people can't possibly have died in space... or they wouldn't be skeletons.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Roxette Senior Engineer

I don't believe we have enough data yet to conclude that there are no extant deep space scavenging organisms. Space is big. It may be something we haven't seen yet.

21. Malware Master Engineer

We have enough data to be able to assume that if there is such a beastie it would be extremely rare and equally extremely unlikely to be encountered by us... and that such a beastie would likely not be able to survive our biochemistry (and vice versa) Alien biochemistries and all that jazz

Conclude, no. Not by the slightest. That would be arrogant. But to make an educated guess with a very high probability of being true, oh yes.

22. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, you can't tell me that. I saw the movie Red Planet. There could be body-munching bugs out there! And they're hungry!

23. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Well there is only one skeleton. Who's to say there wasn't a hungry survivor? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

If "Space Cannibals" isn't the #1 requested new feature, it should be!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Calaban Junior Engineer

I always assumed he was an Engineer from before the major physics updates, and the skeletized face was the result of abrasve facepalming in the billions.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Unless of course the person died in a pressurized area then they would have decomposed.......

27. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...I have been trying to follow the suggestion of a spacebus, filled with skeletons. But that prop-block available needs A LOT of ceiling space. No way!

28. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, I found the dead astronauts "Daniel A. Collins" and "Maurijn L. G. Lentz". I'm just saying...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It was their names. Really and for true.

30. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

And in one of the small containers they left you elite tools. Nice guys, for dead guys that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.