1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Small large grid ship designs

Discussion in 'General' started by TheHellKat, Aug 16, 2020 at 15:17.

1. TheHellKat

TheHellKat Trainee Engineer

I've been working on a ship to build as an upgrade to the starter pod.

After many many designs which ended up as either too small, too late or just plain ugly I decided to take a break from designs and play some Space Piracy *ahem* sorry Space Engineers.

In my quest to "borrow a few spare parts" I had the Encounter Shuttle spawn. I've always liked that little ship, it just looks soo cool.

So I decided to build it in large grid.

It's taken me 2 days with numerous rebuilds, tweaks etc but it's finally finished. It's about double the length and width of the space pod and has the following:
    1x large refinery
    1x large assembler
    3x O2 generators
    1x gravity generator
    1x med bay
    10-12 batteries (can't remember exact number)
    1x large reactor
    1x jump drive
    1x large H2 tank
    2x O2 tanks
    1x large cargo container
    6x small cargo container
    5x gyroscopes

There is also a small living space for 1 pilot at the back of the cockpit.

I've not uploaded the blueprint as my internet is unstable atm and it keeps cutting out.
    Also I have 1 more test to perform, to see if it can safely enter atmosphere, land then takeoff and return to space.

I should have it uploaded later today, I'll post it in the community creations section.

Anyhow, Ono the actual point of this post

So I used the Encounter Shuttle as a base design for the large grid ship (and it looks awesome), are there any other small grid ships that you all would like to see made into large grid?

Thanks