Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Small Ship Air Vents - Do not register sealed environment.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Buzzed Bear, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Hey anyone, everyone! Hope you are all having as much fun building as I am....

I came across a little glitch that I believe is a glitch...

I have connected a Small Block grid to a Large Block grid by way of Rotor w/small head.

On the Small Grid

Hydrogen Tank
    Oxygen Tanks x 2
    Oxygen Generators x 2

When I hook up the large grid to the small one (Piston w/Connector locked to Connector on small Grid), I get Oxygen distribution throughout my base, and all the air vents detect sealed atmosphere.

Here is the glitch.

If I add small block Air vents to the small block Oxygen 'unit', they register an unsealed atmosphere.

So... Is it a glitch? Or just the way it is?

Also noticed that I cannot fill O2 or H tanks through the small grid - had to connect large H and O2 tanks
    to the grid. So long as they are connected to the small grid, the gases pass through the whole system though, so ice movement is not an issue.

Thanks.

2. Shabazza Junior Engineer

It's just the way it is.
    Different grids can't/won't detect each others sealing state.

Example:
    If you have a small grid ship in a pressurized large grid hangar for example and put an air vent onto that small ships hull, the vent will see no room pressure.
    It would be a huge calculation overhead to randomly scan the area outside a grid for a concealed room where this current grid may be surrounded by.
    How far should the algorithm scan, until it decides that it's not in a concealed room?
    For it's own grid, it has a bounding box given that specifies the maximum relevant borders for a scan. So a concealed room can be scanned without "guessing" how far out to look for blocks with air tight faces.

It's a bit unfortunate, because the above mentioned "small ship in large ship hangar" thing is a common scenario.
    But it's just too expensive to calculate that.

3. haibusa2005 Trainee Engineer

Maybe it won't be that expensive - the volume of the hangar is already calculated and pressurized, maybe it will cost nearly nothing to get the bounding box of the encased grid and send some info to the small grid that its exterior is pressurized.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.