Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Sofa's Builds IMAGE HEAVY

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Sofa, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

This is where I post my stuff.

The Khudani (Space Opera theme)
    The Khudani exist as nomadic clans scattered across the galaxy, supposedly the descendants of a long-gone interstellar empire. Often warily regarded as pirates and raiders, most clans subsist off trade, salvage, or whatever work can keep them underway. Many aggressive clans have been growing increasingly bold under the leadership of a figure known as The Khar'shan: By seizing significant resources and territory, The Khar'shan's war host has been assembling a force with hopes of conquering entire planets.

UTS
    (Semi-HardSci Theme)
    The planet Tyche was an early Earth colony, chosen for its familiar (although frigid) environment and wealth of resources. However, as an overstretched interstellar logistical web took its toll on Earth's economy, and Tyche edged further into its glacial period, the colonists found themselves struggling to survive. After overthrowing the colonial administration through armed revolt, their hardy, survivalist attitude allowed them to subsist, and eventually thrive, on this unforgiving frontier world. In time, the nations of Tyche would conjoin their efforts into the Union of Tychean Sovereignties (UTS) and return to space, although they're still a little unfamiliar with the whole interstellar travel and space battles gig. Go easy on em, they're new to this.

Khudani - Man'aan class assault corvette
    Flies around real fast and shoots things.
    [​IMG]

Khudani - Khar-Ashem class assault frigate
    Flies around and shoots things.
    [​IMG]

Khudani - Sartesh class support frigate
    Flies around and shoots things, especially fighters.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

I love the style so far. VERY Homeworld. Also, perfect descriptions :)

3. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

And while I'm at it, take some vehicles for planets, you wretched jackals! Jackals!!

UTS - HC-2 Traveller
    Also known as the Star Oven and the Space-Brick. It carries stuff.
    [​IMG]

UTS - 20xx CIDCom Ranger
    Toyota Hilux in space.
    [​IMG]

UTS - UV-3 Grasshopper
    It flies.
    [​IMG]

UTS - Yet-unnamed Heavy Expeditionary Vehicle
    Mobile base. Big. Carries refineries, assemblers, cargo space, one small land vehicle (like a Ranger) and one small aircraft (like a Hopper). I think I dun good on the vehicle bay, what with the little elevator platform that goes up to serve as a landing pad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UTS - Modular Surface Transport, Expeditionary Vehicle (MSTEV)
    Also known as the Mastiff. It's big and you can put whatever you want in it. Also there are landing pads and a service bay for HEVs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Khudani - Haatar Production Transport
    Khudani aren't big on transporting planetary vehicles to the surface, so they drop one of these and they act as a hub to produce stuff on the ground. Can't exit an atmosphere, though, so you'd better win the fight or else you're toast, buddy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  4. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

If you say you like something, you should support the builder and ACTUALLY hit the like button!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

depends on the builder. i get frustrated when people like something rather than giving me words. the latter is far more meaningful.

steam likes, however, completely different. those are nice because your stuff gets promoted ;)

anyways, cool concepts here. i might have to reverse engineer steal that moving landing pad/airlock door thing on the unnamed one
    though if i am truly honest, i just came here to read your detailed descriptions

6. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Your descriptions are amazing.

Your ships are nice too :) I love the very planar, angular style - retains simplicity while remaining dynamic. Very homeworld-y in a very good way!

7. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I'm more appreciative of written feedback, tbh. But sometimes folks don't have anything to say, so likes are fine too.

Also I gotta add more to em when I'm not busy / too ill to generate coherent thoughts.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  8. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

Your combine harvester-inspired driller is freaking cool!

I honestly don't really have anything critical to say.

9. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes/No?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

I haven't really had an opportunity to SpEng much and I dun got anything to post so here's sum lore bits.

Though almost identical to Earth, the arrival of colonists on Tyche coincided with the intensifying of the planet's glacial period. While the equatorial regions were mostly inhabitable, anything north of the tropics were rendered uninhabitable by the deadly weather and relentlessly advancing glaciers. Heavy Expeditionary Vehicles (HEVs, or simply"Heavies") acted as highly mobile bases of operations to prospectors, research teams, miners, or whoever else needed access to the planet's inhospitable northern and southern regions. After the ouster of the colonial authority, these vehicles proved instrumental in the survival, and eventual unification, of the Tychean population. While newer models have been produced by the various Tychean sovereignties, modernized colonial-era Heavies still see no shortage of service.
    [​IMG],

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fenris Apprentice Engineer

Sometimes I just hit the like button and move on if others have said what I was going to say (and probably said it better). So even if I don't say anything it doesn't mean I like something less than if I wrote about it.

13. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Hey that sketch is really cool

14. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Speaking of Heavies, here's another one because I needed something that can drill. Prolly gonna make the drill bigger but it works okay for now.

UTS - Frontier class mobile drill rig
    Has a drill and other stuff to sustain and expand mining operations. You could prolly strip the drill off and use the back deck for all sorts a stuff too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Here's some WIPage. Wanted to make an "adventure ship" sorta thing. I'm not so good at the "small ships gone large" deal, but I kinda like how the interior's coming along.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Got to work on a UTS orbital assault/command ship (ie: marine gator-freighter in space). Forgot to take screenshots before heading out. Won't be back from Toronto for another week. Just use your imagination in the meantime.

Currently has four shuttle hangars, a cargo hold and production area, and the makings of a big, fancy command deck. Stuff I wanna add includes
    • A means of delivering land vehicles and supplies. Might make more hangar space with modified shuttles, or specialized delivery modules. But knowing me I'll prolly just chuck em out the bottom and hope the parachutes work.
    • A means of launching trans-atmospheric strike craft to support ground troops. Or I'll just slap machine gun turrets and rocket launchers onto the shuttles and call it a day. They got armor like a 3rd grade craft project but it's better than nothing.
    • Some sort of orbital bombardment weapon system. Kinetic rods (a line of small ship heavy armor blocks) might come to some effect, or I might find a weapon mod that can fit the bill.
    • Drop pods because those are p. cool
    I'll see you folks next week or sumfin.

17. gFleka Junior Engineer

The Toyota Hilux! Take my money :D

18. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Okay I'm back here's some screenshots of it, still very wip right now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Amphibious Orbital Assault Ship :)

If they fit in the hangars I'd be willing to lend-lease some LCU's to the UTS cause!

Showerthought: aren't all our hangars technically well decks- because, you know, space? Hmn.

20. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Was thinking of fashioning my VA-27 shuttle into a cargo variant to carry supplies and light vehicles. But, if I build myself more hangar space, I could try to go bigger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also since we all know Space is an Ocean, that's technically true I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  21. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Love those blast door/hesco bastions haha. Might have to steal that

22. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

Also WIP, UTS frigate (though they prolly got some other, less maritime name for it). Trying to figure out livery and armament.
    [​IMG]

UTS light attack craft, AV-6 Barracuda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

For my taste, the surfaces are too flat. Perhaps some ribbing down the front of the ship would give it a bit more character. Long, broad, flat surfaces tend to be a bit monolithic and sterile. Again, just my opinion and mine alone.

I think the design you intended is to resemble a broad-sword at first?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.