Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Sound block issues [1.183]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Warsome82, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Warsome82 Trainee Engineer

When I load any world with a sound block, the selection is not remembered and all sounds are deselected, there also seems to be a problem selecting sounds to loop, the loop option for is always disabled.

2. The7thDragon Trainee Engineer

This seems to be a problem with the soundblock only being partially implemented. Selections are not remembered, including when pasted from a BP, the block needs to be On before sounds can actually be selected, and the Play and Stop script commands are not working. The PB compiler accepts those command, but they do not work.

3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i believe loop sound is also non-functional nothing a timer block can't solve though!

4. The7thDragon Trainee Engineer

Yes, I wasn't sure if that's because it's broken or because the vanilla sounds are on an infinite loop.
    If it's broken then that kind of makes the sound block useless, since we can set a loop time, and we can't use play/stop commands in script.
    Unless I use Timer blocks as a workaround just to play/stop sounds.

5. volten8720 Trainee Engineer

seems like like the sound block are back to not rememberng what sound you set them to. In particular in dedicated servers is what I experienced recently. I now have to re-assign the sound.

6. Neyna Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this.
    When i restart my dedicated server, all my sound blocks do not remember which sound was set. I need to re assign all sounds too.

I love having all kind of voices for immersion and i am a bit sad at the moment. I hope this gets some visibility and will be fixed.

7. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

this has been already reported and is fixed on our intern branch. We just found some other bugs which need to be fixed as well to make sound block fully functional, but this certain feature is fixed.

8. Neyna Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.