Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[SP,MP] [Pre-01.137] Interfaces close while in use

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Duckroll, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scynatharak Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem, it is still prevalent in 01.137, noticed the first time in 01.136 - most annoyingly this happens quite often when I'm plundering Cyberdog corpses for resources.
    But I found a reproduceable pattern:

Whenever a corpse I stripped blank gets cleaned up by the game, whatever Inventory I have open gets closed - and makes it quite a hassle.
    Doesn't matter if it's a cargo container, or another dog corpse. The important thing is, it happens once I had the removed "container" open.
    Verified it three times in SP.

From a coders point view :
    Sounds like the GameObject (Cyberdog in this case) gets disposed, the game checks whether the container was opened at least once, and if it was, it checks if anyone has a GUI open and closes it, regardless of what GUI is currently showing.

3. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey everyone!

Thank you for the report. We've seen similar issues reported already, although without any luck when reproducing it. Do you know under which circumstances it closed?

Regards,
    PF

4. Scynatharak Trainee Engineer

@PF
    As I stated above. It's reproducable, happens EVERY time I kill some Cyberdogs and loot them. At least planetside - have not tried anything similar in space yet.
    If I just leave them to despawn without accessing their inventories the GUI is not affected.
    6 easy steps.

Step 1 : Start New World - Star System with Standard Settings - get planetside with your lander - wait for Cyberdogs to show up
    Step 2 : Kill Cyberdog with rifle
    Step 3 : Open Cyberdog Corpse <------------ This is the imporant part, if you do not do that, it won't happen
    Step 4 : Close Cyberdog Corpse
    Step 5 : Open any Container, your Inventory (press I) will do fine
    Step 6 : Wait for the Corpse to disappear -> GUI closes the same instant

Regards,
    Scynatharak

P.S.: Before you ask, I'm running vanilla, no mods.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

OK, thank you! That explains the question :) I've reproduced the issue and reported it to our programmers.

PF

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.