Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Space Engineers is Coming to Xbox WIP!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Last video could still be a PC version just using an XBox controller...... ;)

3. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

It could be. But it isn't. :)

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Blitzzz333 I figured it was real, just trying a bit of humor. :)

I hope it is going well in development. :)

5. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I spent ~$1,600 USD far a laptop computer capable of running SE. It meets the recommended specifications. Prior to buying that computer I struggled to have a decent session at .2 sim speed and 45 minute load times. I currently run about 300 mods/scripts in order to have the SE game I want. I have to play with block limits disabled because building realistic ships in se that incorporate human habitation makes them exponentially larger.

I have an Xbox and I use it to play fast-paced shooters like Halo. Generally, the most thinking you have to do in console games is choosing a weapon.

I can understand the technical challenge of getting se to work on the Xbox, and I know KSH can't ignore a challenge, but is Space Engineers the kind of game that console owners will buy? How will se flourish in an environment that does not allow mods? Marek says he doesn't want players spending a lot of time in menus. How will they accomplish this on a console that only gives you a controller?

I'm fairly certain that current owners will not pay for a console version. Since I have the pc version, will I automatically have the xbox version? If I can play on the xbox, will I prefer that to the pc version? Probably not, so only new users will be impressed.

Or will they?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.