Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Space Engineers NVIDIA Ansel Contest

Discussion in 'General' started by Drui, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers! Now that the release of our Major Overhaul of Visuals, Audio and Wheels has been in your hands for a while now, we’ve decided that it’s time again to kick off the next contest with the new visuals as the focus. As always, we’ve been following closely the incredible things players have been up to since this update released but now is your chance to show us what you can create by harnessing the power of NVIDIA Ansel technology!

image4.png

For detail s continue to Marek's blog post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2018/04/space-engineers-nvidia-ansel-contest.html

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

3. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

What is NVidia Ansel?

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

".....AI style transfer to help you achieve this........."
    woah.

[​IMG]

could this possibly mean a way of creating dummy mindless stand still engineers?
    this sounds like a very interesting feature puts me in the mind of that guy from hardcore henry Jimmy the dude that can remote control different bodies.

5. Gustavo Julião Trainee Engineer

Are you forecast when the next update will come out?

6. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

I haven't been able to play with the new update because the HDR is too bright for my eyes and I can't turn it off. :(

The white reflections happen way too often and are far too strong (for my eyes). The gatling guns are painful to look at - they fire in rapid succession and the bolts are so bright it feels like staring into a really bright, really fast disco ball. And the welding torch.....I think you get the point.

So as to the contest....Are you going to pay for my medical bills if I have a seizure ?

Please provide a checkbox to turn off the HDR. (Others would like to be able to turn off Bloom and Chromatic Aberration, without turning off the entire post-processing set.)

I don't think these are unreasonable requests?

Your rules say that you can do post-effects in Photoshop, to a reasonable degree. So if that is so, I don't need to stare at bright white lights and disco ball effects in game. I can just crank up the contrast of the screenshot in Photoshop. I can make it really bright, you would love it. (But I don't need that in-game)

7. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

Been having a look at this Ansel thing, very cool. Can't seem to work out how to rotate the camera while it is open though... Can pan about just fine but not look around.

8. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

Sooo what happened with this? Wheres the pics? The winners etc. I haven't entered but can't find a follow on to this. Did it just fizzle? :?

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

never got an answer to my question lost interest...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDragon42 Apprentice Engineer

11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

You know, it kinda bugs a lot of us that we have to go somewhere else to get Space Engineers news. Every "news" and "announcement" post just links to some other media site that I have to make an account on if I want to comment. How about using all those other sites to direct traffic here?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

Thanks for the linkage @SDragon42 ! I do have to kinda agree with @Stardriver907 statement though I keep an eye on Mareks blog as I have been around long enough to know it. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.