Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers won't update / disc failure

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CptTwinkie, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mr Engineer

Sorry for the late reply. I only just saw this now. Yes, once I stop the Space Engineers Dedicated.exe Steam will update Space Engineers. While its running, it wont update.

2. TJ

Hi. I also ran into the problem of not getting a update. I have tried reinstalling and still nothing.
    Steam now doesn't even show there is a update available even though it did so before. I checked in game and I aparently am still running the previous version.
    The client also keeps "running" in Steam even though I quit the game, forcing me to force-quit the Steam Client.

3. TOFUSQUARE

Ok so this stated out as i couldnt get into a game as it wouldnt update but now it comes up as a steam error saying "(content file locked)" , yes i know it say steam error but the troubleshoot takes me to the forms and if anyone would know how to help me i figured i would find them here so yeah... can anyone help me?

4. SaturaxCZ

I did get same error while tring download and instal update for SE and ME ( last updates for both games 13.12.2016 15.12.2016 ) it can not save on HDD, because of disc failure.

So i did just ignore it and get this error 3 times so i did start download update again 3 times but every time from place where it did end last time so... 45% error ( start dl again from 45%) ---> 65% error ( start dl again from 65% ) ---> 75% error ( start it again ) and it did download and instal normaly ( check game files didnt work + nothink to do with stable or developer branch ).

Tryed find reason for it, but didnt find anythink this time... Meybe game have problem rewrite some files or delet old and it get problem that you want download new / rewrite old ( with diferent size )/ delet files on same place of HDD at same time. ( but thats just possible, no idea why game do it )

5. Sir_Toasty

I personally found today that steam had downloaded the update to the default file library location(On my mechanical drive where steam itself is) and not where space engineers was actually installed(a second steam library setup on my SSD just for Space Engineers) and I am assuming that is why I was getting the "file locked" error, deleting the local files and re-downloading to the correct library fixed it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlosmaid

This happens to me when panda antivirus is enabled!! trying update all steam games.

7. I23I7 Tester Developer

Hez guys i would do a complete reinstall which means you have go into you file explorer and find you steamapps folder and delete the SE file from there as well as type %appdata% in you file explorer and delte the SE folder from there. Reinstall after that and double check you are running steam as adminstrator.

8. Carlosmaid

for the records, on my case, disabling temporally panda antivirus, update the game, and enabling panda, problem solved!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I23I7 Tester Developer

Thanks for the info.