Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Speed Mods are jacked up. (And Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Onyx 2, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Onyx 2 Trainee Engineer

I, like many, am not a fan of KSW's speed limits. I use mods to remove speed limits since in real life there really is no speed limit. This comes in handy to save fuel when leaving a planet. The more Dv you can pump out with ATMO Thrusters the less fuel you need to make that final push out of the gravity well.
    ~Here is the kick in the teeth~
    A recent update from KSW for S.E. has pretty much made these speed mods moot. Once a grid (Large and Small) gets up to 215 the grid starts bucking like a bull in a rodeo. After the inertial dampeners slow you down to about 150 then you get full control back. This needs to be addressed.
    ~Suggestions~
    1. Repair what was messed up that cripples these speed mods.
    2. Post what was changed so that modders can fix their speed mods.
    3. (Best idea) Remove the speed limits from the game completely.

~Off topic but an interesting suggestion~

I play Kerbal Space Program as well and would like to suggest building some orbital dynamics into the SE. This would make more sense with the day night functions and will add a new challenge to the game.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i don't understand how removing the speed limits from the game is the best idea.
    if anything they'll just cause more problems...more impatience....more clipping though things...more overshooting your target.

keen enforces that speed limit of 100 so collision detection and so forth can be more accurate.
    going over that speed does cause you to clip though things because the game engine can't register the hit.

maybe in time "keen can repair something modders use but is not a part of default gameplay."
    or even hopefully tell modders how to fix it...because it even baffles me.
    my annoying paranoia says something was put in place to cause this since it never happened before. but thats nonsense.

but im still waiting on wheels to be fixed since the fancy block update. :p and its been a while.
    but i've learned that rovers are more uncontrollable when accelerating and at extreme high speeds.
    that doesn't bother me much anymore the pods make the game interesting. and locking a gyroscope in override helps keep rovers going straight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I know some people are quick to say "well you shouldn't have been doing that, Keen said it wouldn't work and it will never work." - except that it did mostly,if you could accept clipping through asteroids at high speed.
    now it acts strange,and I'm sure there's some physics change buried in there somewhere(before the recent one with mp grids,obviously. but possibly an unmentioned precursor to that work?) that just wasn't noted since it's not supported, but I'd still like to see what the gain is. For now,I'm assuming the best intentions on Keen's part haha

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.