Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

spheres with planet textures

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by propagandawar, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. propagandawar Apprentice Engineer

Can someone mod Spheres with planet textures that can be blown up to act as non landing planets so that we can add some planets to the game.

2. Lavarinth Trainee Engineer

Ultimately the texture will pixelate as users get near it or as it's enlarged, breaking the immersion of it being a life-size planet. Your best bet would be a skybox mod that includes a planet if you're just looking to add that feel of planets.

3. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

propagandawar you mean something like the planets you have in garry's mod spacebuild? I am it will be possible to add some of them later.

4. MechanizedIT Apprentice Engineer

Have you had a look at Sektan Skies?

5. Darmanator Trainee Engineer

What happened to space build anyway? I miss that. Either way, its a good system but might not work with SE's engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  6. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

@Darmanator

Check out our servers. TSCM hosts 2 spacebuild garry's mod servers (with cap installed) and has a lot of home made mods on it. Also we are pretty proud to say that we have one of the most mature communities out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  7. DuneD Junior Engineer

Been working on planteoids for the better part of a year, this is what I have so far, I think I will make a public release soon, the map consist in 3 planetoids (made of rock, around 1500x1500x1500m of diameter ( you wont find a bigger asteroid in the game or in the modding community, as far as I know, the ones I made are biggest avaible for the game)), all 3 planets have natural gravity, so ships, even if they dont have artificial mass will be pulled towards them. Here is my screenshots, there are several projects in there, tell me the one you like and I will give it to you:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970937082/screenshots/

8. Darmanator Trainee Engineer

DuneD, that all looks impressive as all hell but how are the frames when you're near/on the planet?

9. DuneD Junior Engineer

Pretty good actually, the same as most asteroids due to the LOD, the only thing that causes FPS loss is the atmosphere, since its made of glass, but I still get an avg of 30-40 fps, playable enough.

10. Darmanator Trainee Engineer

Well holy shit. Looks fantastic then, how has nobody seen this yet. Do you have a post in the Modding forum yet?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.