Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[STABLE 01_172_018]Welders Aren't Pulling Components From Conveyors?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Project 06, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Project 06

Just noticed something after trying to use my welding dock for the first time to repair damage a fight of mine took in a fight. After placing it in the dock and letting the repairs go through, i noticed that the block on the ship that were on fire weren't being repaired. I assumed maybe it was because they were on fire, so i tapped some of them with my own welder(sometimes the fire goes out when i do that), however this did nothing. What i realized is that the Welders aren't pulling certain components through the conveyor system, because if i place the proper components directly into the welder, it will repair it just fine. These components appear to be Motors, Large Steel Tubes, Small Steel Tubes, Thruster Components, Construction Components , and Grids. I've double checked my conveyors to ensure they were all connected properly and they are.

Here are some screenshots to show they aren't working properly, sorry for the giant screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these images the Welders are clearly contacting the damaged blocks directly, but they won't pull components from the conveyor system. I tried to test out my small welder ship and it's conveyors as well aren't working. This must've been a bug that either came in from the hotfix, or sneaked in through the dev branch of the game. I'd also like to make it clear that this only seems to be happening for welders, my Gatling Turrets, Grinders, Refineries, and Assemblers all pull resources from the conveyors systems just fine.

Another thing, I'm not entirely sure but I think this Welder/Conveyor issue only started from this recent hotfix, as I used this welding dock to build a copy of this fighter and it did it without any issue.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Auke

I have a simular isue, I think it has something to do with the scrap that you're suposed to get when you repair a damaged block. when you grind a block down a little wich moves all the scrap from the block to your inventory. This also works with a ship/station welder. Normal blocks wich i place and then weld up with a station/ship welder are not affected(I think this is because they do not drop scrap). The weird thing is that the welders will reshape any "Bend" blocks.

3. henkbein

I have also encountered this bug.
    The bug is almost as old as the game itself, and keeps reappearing.