Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Stable grid connectivity needed from large blocks to small blocks

Discussion in 'General' started by Cetric, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cetric Junior Engineer

If you want to place a large grid part on a fundament of small grid pieces, like a timber construction, it will not work unless you use a large grid block under it where it can establish a connection to. Can't we make it so that large grid can be put on small grid parts and stay secured?

For illustration I will show the scenario where this problem occurred:

[​IMG]
    A tower with observation platforms. The floor below consisted only of small grid timber construction except a stairway block which enabled laying out wooden floor blocks. Another small grid timber floor followed, supposed to carry the roof. For adding the square tile roof I had to place those stone pillars in the middle of the floor. I would like to delete them as they don't make much sense in an all-wood environment, but if I do, the roof just flies off.
    I did a lot of framing in timber in the hope it would 'bind' the roof in, but to no avail.
    Also inside:
    [​IMG]
    I think all that timber should fix the roof to the tower, without those temporary helpers, stone pillars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

That would make whole series of problems and for me it's nit worth it. Small blocks doesn't have structural integration(for good reason ofc) so of you could place large blocks on small, things would never collapse even if you put stupid heavy structure on one timber. Second problem is that large grid blocks can't be dynamic so if you could place large blocks on small grid like cart or other dynamic machinery, game would broke. There are more problems with your sugestion so so th is no way that devs will implement this.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.