Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Start Your Engines!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

What do we have here?

If you have any plans on how your going to use this new feature, we’d love to hear about it in the comments down below. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Late Late x 1
  2. vadersson Trainee Engineer

I suppose a H2 Motor/Generator will be a nice backup power, and a place to use spare H2. But I just don't see a call for it as much. I guess it can power a ship or station when there is no Uranium. Hmm, that might be an interesting challenge...

3. Gardonian Trainee Engineer

Consume forests, harvest swaths of grass and ferment them into eco-friendly ethanol! Build a self-propelled fermentation-plant/ gas station! Maybe find rich oil-wells on the Alien Planet, and finally, have a reason to go there!

• Late Late x 1
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Gardonian good ideas, but not the route Keen took with it.

5. Iskaroth Trainee Engineer

I plan to construct a new weeled transporter to get Ores save and cheap from my mining spots to my bases and missiles > electricity.

6. Calaban Junior Engineer

[puts on tinfoil hat]

I plan on seeing if a wind turbine spun by a rotor generates power based on it simply spinning/being spun...

And if so, I plan create a blasphemy to Clang by having this h2 engine->power the rotor that -> spins the air turbine that > powers 2 O2 Generators that -> fuels 2 H2 engines....

and see if in fact an infinite recursion of free energy erupts as a white hole right then and there.

.. Or if I can get a slow clap from Clang Itself, in the very least.

7. Sarekh Senior Engineer

There might be a slight problem with that glorious plan... I think the wind turbin can only be placed on a static grid, as far as I understood.

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

because wubba lubba dub dub

9. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Well, there is an obvious and reasonable explanation. If a wind-turbine is moved too much, the wind vortex it creates will reverse the polarity of the energy grid, thus creating a temporal loop. We would not want that, now, would we?

10. theuros Apprentice Engineer

Any news when this new stuff will be available for all?

11. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Nope, it will be ready when it will be ready, probably not before another public test, though. They don’t give schedules out :)

12. Calaban Junior Engineer

I guess in Prague the definition of "start your engines" means "start it once or twice, then let is collect rust for a few weeks"... which I guess IS still grammatically accurate. [/joke];)

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.