Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

State of Development, Open Development in Early Access, Changes to Release System, Xbox One

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

NNNNNNNNoooooooooooo!

I'm gonna be without a computer for about a month. Maybe two. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL I GET BACK!

I wanna be in on the ground floor when the complaining starts :woot:

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. BlackScythe Apprentice Engineer

You're defintely right, I just wish they would do some kind of dev blog once a month or so

3. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

soon
    [soon]
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    adverb, soon·er, soon·est.
    1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.:We shall know soon after he calls.
    2. before long; in the near future; at an early date:Let's leave soon.
    3. by July or I'll hate you forever

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi beelzerob,

While I can't give you an official release date for the next Space Engineers update, I can tell you that it fits points 1. & 2. in your comment. As for point 3. keep your eyes out for it. ;)

Cheers,
    --- Automerge ---
    Much obliged for everyones patience. :tu:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thrak Junior Engineer

Thanks for the update, @Blitzzz333

How much lead time do you expect before the actual update drops, in terms of announcements? Would we know a few days in advance, or do you expect it will just "appear"?

6. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

You will be hit by update so suddenly and so hard in the face, your teeth will be knocked out. :-D

What a better way to react to answer than adding even more questions. :-D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Cetric Junior Engineer

May I help a bit by refering to Blitzzzz's (hope I put correct number of z-key here) own announcement about a multiplayer testing of a new build prior to releasing same to the public? All of you guys being impatient can participate, one step ahead of the crowd, and contribute by giving reviews about the new build and future release: https://forum.keenswh.com/posts/1287096296/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thrak Junior Engineer

It's called "communication."

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Missed that. It's been so long I stopped looking in that subforum for anything meaningful (a lot of SE content was repeated in the Change Log subforum where people could comment). Looking forward to more.

9. Byteboost Trainee Engineer

New MP is wonderfull! We need that in the stable branch! Good Work!

10. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

After today i've only seen the last public MP test in retrospect through Youtube (i believe, maybe it was Twitch).
    I couldn't attend because of work. But by Lord Clang am i excited to see the end result of this ordeal.
    I've noticed everyone at social media going so insane, it's just nuts.

11. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hello Beelzerob,

That's a tricky one for me to answer. However, we'll try to give people a heads up as far in advance as possible.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,
    Much obliged for everyones patience.
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi Byteboost,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Public Multiplayer Test.

Cheers,

P.S.

The Dude abides. :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi Digital Stone,

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to participate in the Public Multiplayer Test. Keen Software House is planning more tests though and we're really excited to share what we've been working on with the community! : )

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi beelzerob,

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any additional information regarding the update or a possible announcement for it's release.

You'll just have to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for understanding. :tu:

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

New Video.

As cool as it is that Keen is getting Multiplayer working really nicely, for someone like me who does not play multiplayer, it would be really nice to see something not relating to multiplayer being teased.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

There sure are a lot of big ships in that video. The kind they don't want you to build.

They sure look cool, though...

15. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I don't play multiplayer either, and I'd like to see some new "survival" (oops...sorry...I mean, "manual mode") material.

16. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

You are aware that this major is about multiplayer, right? :D I wouldn't expect anything survival in it. :D

17. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I had no idea.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  18. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

It does, doesn't it.

Lot of that won't be allowed with the new PCU rules being implemented in current MP tests. (See my post in MP forum).

19. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, you can bet that none of it will happen on cheap rented servers.

20. Arcturus Senior Engineer

People use that abbreviation often now, but what does it mean?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Marek Rosa: "What is PCU: performance cost unit. Every block type has its own value which is related to its real CPU cost."

22. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

um Even in experimental mode and with scripts turned on.. Solar System from new game still has experimental mode turned off in the sandbox.sbc file. <ExperimentalMode>false</ExperimentalMode>
    You can use note pad to turn the false to true to get scripts to work on Solar System new maps.

Annoying.
    In lone survivor new game it will show <ExperimentalMode>true</ExperimentalMode> in the sandbox.sbc.

what good is an orbital flight computer without a gravity well to orbit?

/goes back to scripting

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I will just leave this here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Well, it is up to everyone to choose if they want to be limited by PCU or not. In case of DS it is on admins to decide how much PCU can their hw handle.
    --- Automerge ---
    What to tell you... Except it is still work in progress, currently there is no button "force experimental world" nor "disable PCU" button.

This testing version is for MP testing where we provided servers with our settings. So please don't start jumping to conclusions nor start panicking that something won't work/will have to be enable/disabled in sbc. :-D

25. Roxette Senior Engineer

FTFY ;)

I like this new system, it's much more flexible and can be easily adapted to how individuals play on a server without being too limiting... and as the PCU value of a block is set for each block in the cubeblocks.sbc data file it's easily modified to suit different server needs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Man, if it's not broken, don't fix it! :D

Also you have only the easy part in front of you. You only scale max PCU count according to power of your hw... you don't have to determine for example how much more performance heavy is missile launcher compared to refinery and so on.

27. Roxette Senior Engineer

I already did that ages ago for the old simple block limit system... several times - as you lot kept moving the goalposts :p

----

So I extracted the data and made a list of the PCU values of the blocks for convenient reference: https://paste.ee/p/3MnMo

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  28. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

And I thank you for that!

29. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Or why a large grid small container costs half the pcu of a large grid conveyor junction :D

30. Roxette Senior Engineer

That's a no-brainer. It has approximately half the number of conveyor ports. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.