Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Status of the xbox one port?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vortez_warr10r, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Vortez_warr10r Trainee Engineer

just curious if it’s possible for space engineers to come out as a game preview, or if the xbox one editions coming any time soon

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

Never going to happen. Never.

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

*snicker* Sorry could not help it. I have a feeling this will not come to pass either.

4. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Why does anyone want SE on an Xbox? No one is satisfied with the current PC version, which requires a lot of horsepower to be playable, and even then barely so. Not to mention the hoops Microsoft makes you jump through before they let you make your game work on their machine.

I could (and have) rant for several pages about about why SE is not the kind of game you can play on an Xbox. I bought my first computer in 1977. I've owned both Playstation and Xbox consoles since their inception. My conclusion? Consoles are NOT personal computers. Consoles were created to get all those people that were dumping quarters into arcade video games to pump those quarters directly to the game machine manufacturers. Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft knew that you would rather buy those 2D scrollers than carry around sixteen pounds of quarters and wait your turn to play. FPS and racing games work well on consoles. Graphics were not a real concern because if the game was fun it didn't matter (still doesn't).

A game like Space Engineers is essentially the sum of its assets, meaning it's all about the blocks. Block variety makes the game viable. Then there's the feature set. Keen whets our appetites with what they provide, but they can't think of everything. Modders fill in the gaps, and that is problematic for consoles. An Xbox SE game would be a solid game that always runs, but it would lack SE's most appealing feature: potential.

For what you would get on an Xbox, you might as well ask for a phone app.

• Like Like x 1