1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Steam Client Wont update game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Joeliosis, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Joeliosis

Joeliosis Trainee Engineer

Ive tried everything with steam to try and get it to download the update for Space engineers, but it wont work. Is there a way to manually update the game?

2. cawsking555

cawsking555 Trainee Engineer

its updated its the steam side of things

3. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Trainee Engineer

If you still are having this problem. I recommend restarting Steam via taskmanager.

4. xxjcxx89

xxjcxx89 Trainee Engineer

Or you could reinstall???? a lot of time steam jsut quest the update and i have to click on it and act like i want to play the game in order for it to update even though my auto update is on... however if your seirously fiddling around with the game waiting it to update for a few hours just reinstall... i mean it only takes like 10-30 minutes depending on your internet

5. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Apprentice Engineer

Clean Re-install did NOT resolve the problem 100%.

Steam still trying to update the game, in game is correct version, but things like the news feed still won't update, and I get random object errors when exiting.

6. Phand

Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

actually this is Steam issue, not SE. But since increasing number of players are reporting problems with updates we will probably contact Steam in order to solve this.

7. xxjcxx89

xxjcxx89 Trainee Engineer

Hah I was getting ready to say this as well because steam has randomly shut down on me the past few days with my dedicated server running and it caused a few to disconnect but the server was still up.

8. snakesvx

snakesvx Trainee Engineer

If you have ever tried to run the dedicated server tool for SE on steam, check that you don't have an instance still running.

I had an issue getting to update SE a while back and it was caused by some files being used by the dedicated server process on my pc after having tried out the tool since the service itself was "locking" some files.

9. lazerlee

lazerlee Apprentice Engineer

Same problem here.
    [​IMG]

10. Guest

Getting exact same issue and I do NOTHING with servers. It is definitely just Steam not working the way it should. I have even uninstalled Steam, and reinstalled it. Same issue. Before that I uninstalled and reinstalled SE same effect, which is nada.

11. tex

tex Trainee Engineer

Same problem here.
    And when i try to launch the game it seems the version matchs the 1.39, but, i canĀ“t launch the a saved game or join in a server. The game just crash.
    Strange, but since the 1.38 update that SE is showing some bugs like these.
    Keep the good working!

12. Phand

Phand Master Engineer

UPDATE: I just got the information that it is our fault after all. Steam is trying to download some workshop world file. It is updated even when it looks like it is not. You should be normally able to play the updated version of the game.

13. Tristavius

Tristavius Senior Engineer

Hi Phand,

Thanks for looking in to that for us, but I think from the various threads opened during this that some of us also don't seem to have batteries or the other new features working in our games, despite having the correct version number shown on the title screen (example: some of the posts on https://forums.keenswh.com/post/new-update-not-working-6992688?trail=30).

Are you able to offer any advice for sorting this out? (I guess it may not be related to the 'frozen patch' after all, but it still exists).

14. Don Jacobs

Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

I had gone the 'Delete Local Files' and re-install route. Steam STILL thought it needed an update, and wouldn't progress with it.

However, the reinstall installed the latest version, which I confirmed in the menu lower corner.

15. Tristavius

Tristavius Senior Engineer

Update: While a re-install did me no good last night, a fresh one after the steam problems were corrected seems to have now done the trick. I am properly patched :)

16. stormwind_378

stormwind_378 Trainee Engineer

I had the same problem with steam not updating today. Restarting steam did not help.

The solution for me was deselecting all steam workshop files I had downloaded and then restarting steam. After the restart the game updated itself with no problems.

17. Harag

Harag Junior Engineer

Unsubscribing from workshop items fixed it for me, too. Just make sure you favorite those items beforehand or you'll have a hard time finding them again ;-)

18. WilsonicG

WilsonicG Trainee Engineer

I am unable to get my SE to show that it is updated... I have tried multiple fixes. Including but not limited to what has been suggested in this thread. I dont seem to be having any issue with SE. But it will not show that its updated and Im not sure that I have the update. Please tell me there is something else that I can do to force SE to update.

19. WilsonicG

WilsonicG Trainee Engineer

OK to clarify I can now tell that The game version is in fact 1.059.011 (facepalm) still wont indicate it on the dang news block on the start screen. tell me is this joy mine and mine alone to share?

20. GotLag

GotLag Senior Engineer

What does your log say? The third line is version number:
    Code:
    2014-12-09 18:53:49.580 - Thread:   1 ->  Log Started
    2014-12-09 18:53:49.587 - Thread:   1 ->  Timezone (local - UTC): 10h
    2014-12-09 18:53:49.587 - Thread:   1 ->  App Version: 01_059_011

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.