Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Steam Community Ban Years Ago

Discussion in 'General' started by GravyMyBacon, Oct 3, 2018.

1. GravyMyBacon Trainee Engineer

Dear KSH Forums and Moderators,

A few years ago I was banned for something from the Steam Community, I legitimately do not remember what exactly I said or did to receive a perma ban without a warning first by the steam moderators. While I personally see this as wildly unfair, it is of course up to the steam moderators to determine whether or not they should warn someone before perma banning them.

The reason I am posting this is to ask, probably fruitlessly, if my Steam account might be unbanned or at least if the ban could be reviewed by a moderator. It hasn't been an issue for a long time, as I rarely played or cared, but now that the multiplayer overhaul is a thing, and KSH seems to be putting more effort into hearing from the community, I have jumped back int0 the game. This is when the issue arose, apparently steam changed how bans work, so now I cannot even post any of my builds to the workshop so they can be shared between my friends and saved through steam in case my PC dies (which happened recently.) I am only asking for someone to review my banning on steam, and possibly, if you see fit, remove the ban.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. *FS* Trainee Engineer

My brother had the same thing but he deserved it! But I feel everybody deserves a second chance no matter how bad the post was! my brother literally quit the game and stopped using steam so I had to make my own account. I truly hope you are given a second chance! Best regards brother.

4. Dan2D3D Moderator

@*FS*

Yes I've unbanned him :)

The reasons will stay private, tho.

• Like Like x 1
  5. *FS* Trainee Engineer

That's so awesome bro, murders people who take lives are given a second chance! & yet steam would lose players that could bring in actual real money over a few Choice words from a person having mental instabilities.. You are a awesome person and moderator.

I forgot to mention my brother was a fan of yours he had you as a friend and spoke with you a few times he became unable to comment on other people's creations he's had very bad mental disability for years drug and alcohol problems SE was his outlet and release! When he was unable to comment or post his Creations which I helped him make he became withdrawn! disconnected from everything! All this due to having a bad day & unstable mental breakdown & lashing out at a moderator that he thought was another player grieving him? he went back to drugs and alcohol and eventually took his own life a week ago.. I took his name to keep him alive & the blueprints of ships we made together.. Long live Broken.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018