1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Steam Engines: Modding Mechanical Power

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Coggernaut, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Coggernaut

Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

I've been messing around with windmills and mechanical blocks for a little while now. I've been exploring the idea of adding a Small Steam Engine into the game. Currently the Small Steam Engine has a fuel inventory, sound FX (that trigger to specific events, like grinding, fuel, being powered), and it's currently functioning at any altitude with max power. Though the only problem is their is no way to have the "mechanical power" turn on and off as an option in the code. Which makes sense, since this is the windmill code.

We didn't see any notes in the API about it and it seems it's simply not do-able at the moment. Though, being allowed to mod something like this or have an example in the data (and not necessarily public in the game) would introduce a whole line of factory components and energy generation. If it's not on the radar or not possible, I understand. I just wanted to shine some light on the subject.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.