Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Stone to gravel ratio

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Miguel Viola, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

Quick question:

Why does the refinery only refine stone into gravel at a ratio of 2,35% (with 3 yield modules = 168% efficiency in this case)?
    --- Automerge ---
    Is it intended?
    --- Automerge ---
    Oh BTW, I just found out that 168% efficiency generates more iron ingots than iron ore available and I know this isn't intended since it's in the wiki

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

The wiki is outdated. They are aware of the efficiency and I am not sure if they are going to change it or leave it. They may leave it as it has been around since they introduced the modules.

3. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

But 2.3% stone -> gravel efficiency feels a little underpowered. That means I have to drill 500000 KG to make a single large grid large reactor

4. Malware Master Engineer

Problem is, Miguel, that gravel is a major PITA for players in general because there's hardly anything that need it. So people end up with tons upon tons of the stuff. So getting more of it is hardly going to be popular.

Reactors are end-game devices. Drilling and processing huge quantities of ore is essentially a non-issue at that stage.

5. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

I'm only saying this because I'm playing Lost Colony scenario and don't find 2000 reactor components lying around

6. Malware Master Engineer

Myeah I don't think it's a good idea to be changing the balance of the game for the sake of a single scenario ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

I cheated anyway :D

But still, I think 500000 KG of rock is a lot for just 2000 reactor components

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.