Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Suggestion] Assemblers + Blueprints

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Jumpscare Myers, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jumpscare Myers Trainee Engineer

would want assemblers to be able to Assemble the parts required for blueprints, just leave the assemblers on overnight and voila! All the parts you wanted are there and ready to go without you having to input the exact number of Steel plate or just randomly guessing how much you need without having to waste time!

Essentially you can select a blueprint in the Assembler screen.

This saves much time in Survival, such a change would a big quality of life improvement to the game.

2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi
    Jumpscare Myers

I recommend to vote on the existing ideas and feedbacks on the new "Vote" Portal or add your suggestion to it cause the community can vote on it over there.

Also we get Devs reply/Reactions on that website, too :tu:

All goes here now > https://support.keenswh.com/

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

After you’ve build a few assemblers, you’ll immediately know you need 150 steel plates, 40 construction components, 80 computers, 4 displays, and 8 motors. You just know.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff I think he meant for items being manufactured for building selected blue prints, not the items needed to build an assembler. :)

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Oh. Yeah. (I knew that! Not!!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fenris Apprentice Engineer

Heh, they just showed this exact thing on a Medieval Engineers stream, was pretty cool. I don't know how close SE's engine is to ME's, so I don't know if we'll ever see it in SE. (Still waiting for compound blocks, which unfortunately we'll never see in SE)

If your not opposed to mods, you could use a programmable block with an inventory script that sorts inventory and can set the level of each component to maintain. I usually set my components to a few hundred, and stuff like construction components, steel plates, and interior plates into the thousands when I have the resources. When you take some components out the script will use your assemblers and build new items to get back up to the level you set.

Then use another mod called Easy Inventory, with Easy Inventory you just hold the item you wand to build and click the cargo container and the items you need will go into your inventory if you have them in storage. Then your inventory script kicks in and replaces everything you just used.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

The two games are very close but Keen has stated that they can do more in ME than they can bring over to SE.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.