Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Suggestion] NO PLAYER BLUEPRINT

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Eiv, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Eiv Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I have a simple request, would it be possible to add an option on the server for the player can't import blueprint on this, it doen't create on the server in question.

So no-workshop ship, no solo import, only blueprint create on this server ONLY.

Cordiallement.

2. sioxernic Senior Engineer

What is the point of this? Because you can still "import" blueprints, by building them block for block, but it is just not convenient.

3. Eiv Trainee Engineer

Because I really want to encourage my players to do more engineering, (which is almost the basic principle of the game). For give them a chance to fail in order to be more successful, they end up making life more difficult andincrease their sense of satisfaction than just taking a ship from the workshop and sticking it on the server.

I really want to give them a richer experience without removing the Projector and forcing them to reproduce the same ship 10 times, after he has finally managed to make one that suits them.

Moreover I am a server RP and that would give a supplementary dynamics to the economic system.

4. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@Eiv You are essentially doing the opposite. A lot of players build and design their ships in creative mode, so it doesn't take HOURS fixing a few blocks of mistakes that made a cascade of errors.

I think it would be a terrible idea personally, and doesn't really change anything. Before projectors I would screenshot and painstakingly build the ship BLOCK by BLOCK!

5. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

I get the intent behind it, but I personally didn't spend time perfecting a design in creative to get it to how I like it, to have to recreate it from scratch each time I go online.

I appreciate that you'd prefer players build their own creations rather than simply use workshop designs, I'm just not sure that is the right way to go about encouraging that.

6. Eiv Trainee Engineer

I see your point of view, but the objective is for you to do by yourself on the server, fail and test, i hope you don't want te recreate things after you make it solo.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.