Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Suggestion - Wine and Grapes

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by SpaceEngy, Nov 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SpaceEngy Trainee Engineer

We all know the Romans drank wine, back in the day.
    So I started thinking, why not have such things in ME?
    With 0.6 we got new pottery things, like the clay jars.
    There could be a Wine press(mechanical or not),
    that takes grapes/ fruit and turns it into beverages that get stored in those clay jars.

Greetings,
    Space

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nibs_1983 Trainee Engineer

Clay jars and for MORE wine barrels.

You could go further with this and suggest that a variety of fruits become available to grow along with the berries. Things such as apples, pears, plums, strawberries and the obvious grapes.

3. SpaceEngy Trainee Engineer

Yes ofcourse, the idea is to have some kind of mechanical fruit press thing that converts fruit into other things that go into jars.
    You could even go the bee/honey route and such.
    Its a pretty flexible idea imo.

And about the wine barrels, you could have a recipe that takes a wooden barrel and some other things to make a wine keg.

4. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

I compulsively make basements in all my stone buildings, and while I'm provided with enough skulls to fill my catacombs... a proper wine cellar would be neat, too. If drinking wine made your engineer's movements erratic, that'd be even funnier.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

medieval engineers and elder scrolls oblivion I feel share a nice building similarity. :) ...if you remove all the magic and stuff from oblivion that is.
    and farming already is in ME so it shouldn't be too hard right? you know do a little copy and pasting of another crop name it grapes...add a touch of recipes....then the fun hard part....well for me anyway. modeling it. :p

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.