Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Suggestions for the Server Configuration Screen...

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by JimTheSoundman, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JimTheSoundman Trainee Engineer

First, it would be nice if there was a way to see if anyone was connected to the server before you shut it down. Should have a live list of active users.

Second, would be nice if it would list what version of the server is running and what the most recent version is available for download, so you will know if you need to do an update.

Third, there is a discrepency with starting it as a Windows Service or not. It makes it very confusing when you are a new server admin. When you are on the initial screen, you can either select an instance or not, then you click the button for "Continue to server configuration" and this needs to be removed. It is very confusing, as I sometimes was clicking on an instance and sometimes not. So depending on whether I did that, I had two different lists of mods loading, and I had two different game configurations, but it was loading the SAME SAVED GAME, so it was insanely confusing.

I guess maybe it was set up that way so you can run it as a service or not, and I did notice that sometimes that box where it tells you whether the service is running was blank, but I couldn't figure out why. This in my option is insanely confusing and should be removed or cleaned up so it is painfully obvious what is going on with the server.

Another minor thing is the block limits, when you click "Add new" it adds it at the very bottom, not next to all the other block limits items that are already there.

And could we PLEASE have some tool tips or a help screen or SOMETHING that explains all of the different settings and how they affect the game? That seems like it would go without saying.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.