Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Suggestions for Today

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by SMW, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SMW Trainee Engineer

I try to play Vanilla as much as possible, but after testing out mods the last couple days, in my opinion the following should be added at some point, but its just a few thoughts.

1. Turrets, too large to armor or conceal, even 2x2 would be a vast improvement of 3x3

2. Airlock Door Combos, and more Blast Door/Block Options, with locking clamps that only work on blast door blocks, so rotors and pistols don't explode and we don't have to use landing gear in some ridiculous fashion to secure doors.

3. Landing Gear/Wheels, no motors or motive force but more durable, can fold or retract into its own housing

4. Ladders and Hydraulic ramps/lifts, possibly elevators

5. Arc furnace already atomizes ore/scrap, gets replaced by refinery eventually, keep it relevant by letting it process stone or gravel for trace elements

6. Conveyer + Air Vent combos, the current air vents should double as small air tanks to let us pressurize/depressurize rooms/cockpits

7. Airtight/Air Vent optional Hallways/Corridors/Passage blocks, possibly combine with gravity deck plates, so only the block floor has gravity

8. x10 the range of laser antennas, at least, or introduce Neutrino antennas with x100 times range (requires line of sight, though neutrinos travel through matter or entire planets very easily, it would be directional).

9. Some sort of nightvision, even just monochromatic green/gray would be helpful for flying at night.

These options would let us be very creative with our ship building, instead of merely an exercise in ship work arounds that only kind of sorta work but not really, as challenging as it is, it can also be very frustrating, like not having that one lego piece that brings the whole build into a cohesive and useful unit instead of a pile of blocks that just don't working.

I really like the game, more relaxing and fun for the most part, definitely more frustrating at times, but also more of a long term sustainable game than something like Mass Effect 2 or Portal where you finish the game in a day.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. EstebanLB Trainee Engineer

Interesting choice for a tittle, and not reading the rules for posting. The relevant people here nead to learn from Kittychanley of TerrafirmaCraft forums

3. sioxernic Senior Engineer

1. Turrets, too large to armor or conceal, even 2x2 would be a vast improvement of 3x3
    This is due to turret being the size to disallow any clipping.
    2. Airlock Door Combos, and more Blast Door/Block Options, with locking clamps that only work on blast door blocks, so rotors and pistols don't explode and we don't have to use landing gear in some ridiculous fashion to secure doors.
    Maybe
    3. Landing Gear/Wheels, no motors or motive force but more durable, can fold or retract into its own housing
    No, physics are a large enough issue already
    4. Ladders and Hydraulic ramps/lifts, possibly elevators
    Just no
    5. Arc furnace already atomizes ore/scrap, gets replaced by refinery eventually, keep it relevant by letting it process stone or gravel for trace elements
    No. This is dumb since it makes it to easy to get resources.
    6. Conveyer + Air Vent combos, the current air vents should double as small air tanks to let us pressurize/depressurize rooms/cockpits
    No, if you want an oxygen tank build one.
    7. Airtight/Air Vent optional Hallways/Corridors/Passage blocks, possibly combine with gravity deck plates, so only the block floor has gravity
    I have no idea how they would implement the floor only having gravity but airtight variations with airvents.. Just no.
    8. x10 the range of laser antennas, at least, or introduce Neutrino antennas with x100 times range (requires line of sight, though neutrinos travel through matter or entire planets very easily, it would be directional).
    I would agree with an increase of laser antenna

And lastly: I dislike these combination threads since it makes the discussion of the thread hard to do since there are so many things that could possibly be there to discuss.
    If you want to have a discussion and hear peoples ideas instead make separate threads and flesh out the idea more than a single sentence per idea.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SMW Trainee Engineer

I would rename the thread if I could, but since I can't, this is just a short list of game play mechanics that differ between vanilla and the most useful or more common mods, it would be nice to have these features introduced at some point, it's not an attack on the game, just observations. Observations are not intrinsically complaints or criticisms, and the thread is in the suggestions part of the forums, though this list might fall under the feedback category as well.

Multi-threading would be a suggestion priority, before anything else, if something specific is what you're looking for. But since I seem to be constantly attacked for posting anything anywhere about anything, I'll probably just stop posting on this forum altogether, too much effort and grief.

5. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Curious where the conveyor connection door would be on a 2x2 turret... Might lead to some interesting struggles for symmetry! At least with 3x3 you know the conveyor connection door will be smack in the middle.

6. bakercompany86 Trainee Engineer

Agree on the turret thing. Or just give us different turret options. I want something the size of ball turrets on a B-17. Little dome or armored turrets. The current ones are a real pain to put in areas where they don't look like garbage.

I would *love* retracting landing gear. This is one of the reasons I stay in space, because the landing gear hanging off ships is ugly. Retractable landing gear would be great.

Agree on the laser antenna increase.

Nightvision would be great. No reason we shouldn't have it with the exception being we have bigger fish to fry.

But if we can create FTL drives, surely we know how to make a night vision camera for our spaceships.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.