Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Support site and recent survey

Discussion in 'General' started by boromir, Dec 6, 2018 at 22:53.

1. boromir Apprentice Engineer

So it's been awful quiet from Keen save for the briefly posted survey. I think a lot of people missed it, but I think that was intentional. What were the options they gave in the survey? Do they not have any idea what to work on from their support site? I thought that was the point of it, get community preference by voting on each issue/idea. Which I don't quite understand why they're asking since they've very nearly said they're done with SE and ready for release.

I guess the most burning question I have is why isn't there any updates happening on the support site? None of the tickets seem to be changing status. I have several new tickets in, one where they directed us to create if we saw it happen again, and it doesn't seem it's even been noticed. What's going on over at KSH? Did they start the release party already?

2. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

I missed it. I'm sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Frankly, they asked about things I though Marek had already decided on... like, "should we spend more time polishing the existing game or adding new features?" and stuff like that. They asked about future games and sub-genres... SE2, I think Steampunk engineers, maybe Roman engineers, and something called Time Travel Engineers. There was only one open question.

Overall, it was a pretty superficial survey (I speak with some modest expertise in this area), so I am not sure how much value it might have to them.

EDIT... Adding from Keen Discord:

Hello, Engineers! A HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in the Keen Software House Development Survey! We are grateful for the 4984 submissions that we received from our awesome community. As you can imagine, there is a ton of data to analyze, but we’re very interested in what all of you have to say when it comes to Space Engineers and future Keen Software House projects. If you didn’t have the opportunity to submit a survey, don’t worry! We’re planning to have more surveys in 2019. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

I gave up long ago hoping Keen would listen to the masses. I could be wrong but it appears they only listen to a handful of people (who I may add have egos so big you could see them from Pluto. Lol).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

Did they stiff the Spiff? Dunno. I just play what they give me.

6. Malware Master Engineer

There's so many things the game wouldn't have if that was true ;)

Their problem is the opposite, listening too much and trying to support too many playstyles without actually having the resources to, and not making up their own damn mind.

Is my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Is this a different survey to the one they ran on Facebook?

8. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

Just like the visual update with all the blur and finger print to hell smeared helmet? It almost took an act of congress to get them to listen about it and "fix" that. Stories of how even the testing group tried to stop it, and were not listened to.

I will admit there was a time they did listen. Somewhere along the way, after some people left Keen altogether or went over to ME, is when the listening stopped.

9. Malware Master Engineer

@mojomann71 Yes, they're finally making up their own damn mind. And overcompensating :p

Too little too late, I fear. The judgement will fall on the day of Gold Release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Has there been any sort of eta on the next update? or what is being worked on?

11. Malware Master Engineer

Is there ever?

Survival... stuff. That's all that's been said.

12. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

Is that like going over to the Dark Side??

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Just hope whatever they are working on makes us go wow that's super cool...

I got this response to a question on the Airtightness & In-game Help Stream video on youtube, it made me a bit happy.... I kinda wish they would share some more with us on the forums.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Apparently they completed the Experimental Mode improvements ticket on the support site last Friday.

• Informative Informative x 1