Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Survival: early game ammo

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Rohgahr, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Rohgahr Trainee Engineer

Hi all,

Its been a few days since the initial update, and overall I am having fun with it. However there is one thing I am missing in the early game when starting out on a planet or moon with hostile enemies and that is the following: ammo.

While i do not want ammo galore, i would like to be able to make some at the early stages of the game while i am still setting up my base. It would be great if rocks would be able to yield a small amount of magnesium so i would be able to make 1-3 ammo clips every once in a while in order to replenish my ammunition during the earlier stages of the game. That way i could actually forage for resources without having to run from spiders and wolves all the time. What do you guys think?

2. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

You've already used up the ammo in the gun that was in the seat?

3. Rohgahr Trainee Engineer

Yeah there where 3 clips in there and I ran out while trying to find resources other than rock since there where no resources nearby

4. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...is times like these we miss a knife... :(

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

Do we need a mod to add some of the melee weapons from Medieval Engineers into Space Engineers ?

It seems that some of the changes in the release version have improved some of the multiplayer aspects while making things frustratingly difficult for single player games with certain settings. The spiders and wolves are still considered 'experimental' features so are disabled on the official servers and not recommended on multiplayer servers in general, so the provision of more than a token amount of ammunition on the spawn landers was presumably not considered to be necessary ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...I completely agree with you, Roxette. But, even more after russian cosmonauts needed to use a "knife" to investigate their space capsule hole, I´ll always see a knife as a handy, essencial tool. ;) Even in a truck-rally game! :D

7. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

What are you talking about? I've always kill wolfes using hand grinder. Using guns for wolfes is just waste of magnesium.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It's best to get behind them and "rip 'em a new one!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calaban Junior Engineer

for every legitimate engineer who would like a reasonable amount of ammunition for wolf defense or whatever... there are 20,000 trolls slathering or every little bit of dakka they can get ASAMFP...

so... not. not for you. and certainly not for THEM.

;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

My problem is i have a leopard grinder and cow grinder but no wolf grinder

Edit forgot the badger grinder

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. odizzido Junior Engineer

Ship welders work too

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

are the spiders and wolves supposed to be robots? they carry some very odd things if they are just wolves and spiders.... At least they are not carrying coins like in most games, I always imaging those critters having quite dull lives off screen heading down to the shops to buy bread, mail, a news paper, maybe some of the evil ones buying booze and fags.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Roxette Senior Engineer

They are working for the pirate faction, scavenging and collecting parts from unattended and wrecked ships, in return they are fed and kept safe from hostile players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zopzodeman Trainee Engineer

Well the wolves used to be robo-dogs long ago.....which also exploded :p
    https://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Cyberhound

15. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

They exploded for only week or two... Then there were months before they changed model to wolfes... I really don't understand why people didn't liked cyberhounds and instead they wanted wolfes ported from medieval engineers. Pirate Cyberdogs have much more sense than wild wolfes carrying components.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Calaban Junior Engineer

It was the exploding part that bothered people. When they arrived in packs it inevitably let to holes being blasted off your base, your rover, your lander before you even got started...

Surviving in solo with cyberhounds meant you had to to repairs a lot. a LOT. Like never mind building the next ship- I need to do repairs full time now If i expect to keep that large cargo intact..

17. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I like things that 'splode. Bring 'em back! I demand it!!

18. Calaban Junior Engineer

if you like things that explode, and are stuck in single player:
    -Corruption mod
    -Faster npc spawns
    -Jump drive critical explosions
    -Exploding gas tanks
    -more explodey rockets/bullets

.. there ya go buddy... and careful what you wish for

..although i am a bit partial to 40k boltguns... each bullet is a 75mm grenade, basically (#40kAlwaysWins)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  19. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Yeah but as I said earlier they patched them so fast that most people didn't even noticed them exploding. After that people still complained for few months that they don't like cyberhounds and want keen to change their model to wild animal.

20. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The exploding cyberwolf trolls being unleashed upon the community was kind of exciting. They completely wrecked our base and we spent a lot of time building up emergency defenses, building walls, trenches etc. As much of a pain in the arse it was kind of exciting.

21. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Because I was not yet playing at that time, I missed missing the exploding cyberhounds that are now missing from the game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.