Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Survival-Ready Low-Pitched Roof & Wall System

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stori3D Past Productions, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stori3D Past Productions Apprentice Engineer

Hi all. My latest mod, a low-pitched roof/wall system, is now live in the game and fully Survival-compatible, including build states:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779795385

The stock roofs are fine for a lot of builds. But the steep roofs look silly in others. This new low-pitched system is great for:
    -- Cathedrals/basilicas
    -- Warmer climates like southern Europe
    -- Roman-era builds

There are 8 roofing pieces in the game (with their own automatically-generated blocks around the edges) plus 12 wall-slope pieces (both wood and stone).:

-- Basic tile roof, corner tile roof, inverted-corner tile roof (both "lower" and "upper" sections)
    -- Basic tile roof top/cap (both "lower" and "upper" sections)
    -- 2 stone slope walls, low-pitch (for both "lower" and "upper" sections)
    -- Stone central wall, low-pitch (for use under roof cap)
    -- 2 wooden slope walls, low-pitch (for both "lower" and "upper" sections)
    -- Wooden central wall, low-pitch (for use under roof cap)

As you can see, all of these roofs have a "lower" and "upper" version, so you can create long, seamless low-pitched roof systems of any height/length.

My next task will be to add some more roof caps, and then replicate these for wooden and hay roofs. Then I may add a couple more specialty walls with high-set window openings, which would be great for basilicas and cathedrals.

Let me know what works & what doesn't for you. Hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

youre a hero

3. Stori3D Past Productions Apprentice Engineer

Ha! Thanks. I've wanted to do this one for a loooooong time. All my Roman builds have always looked so odd with their tall roofs, I think this mod will make them (and videos of them) so much more realistic now.

4. Silen Apprentice Engineer

You really work hard on your mods, I'm not really interested in roofs, but you really deserve some appreciation.

5. Stori3D Past Productions Apprentice Engineer

Thanks much Silen. Yeah, I know that changed roof styles aren't exciting to everyone! I just like adding more options & variety. I appreciate the note!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stori3D Past Productions Apprentice Engineer

Wooden low-pitched roofs now in-game!

Notice also that all of the wall pieces that come with this mod are COMPOUNDABLE. Mix & match, add wooden cross-beams to your walls or leave them bare. Whatever you choose. The idea of this mod is to give you a new range of tools to be creative and have fun in the game. Hope you enjoy.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779795385

7. Lemmy Trainee Engineer

Hi Stori3D, awesome work - as always :).

I've created a small brick retexture mod (nothing fancy) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816855336&tscn=1481639957 but I'd like to use your Models, too. So you could build a low-pitched brick wall. Could you give me the fbx models for your stuff? I think I cannot modify the mwm (though if I can please let me know).

Btw. since you can actually do more than my retexturing, if you like to something with bricks, with the DayDot Materials mod (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810626027&searchtext=daydot) you can get bricks in survival mode. Would be awesome if you did something with that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.