Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Switching Dedicated server from survival to creative

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Kralzar, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kralzar Trainee Engineer

Hey all, I'm switching the toggle to change my server from survival to creative because I want to be able to edit the terrain and flatten an area out. However when i switch the toggle and restart the server it doesn't seem to have the map in creative mode?

Any ideas? am I missing something?
    --- Automerge ---
    Never mind found it. You have to switch it in the SANDBOX.SBC save file. Not just in server config. Hope this helps for anyone else asking.

2. Erebos89 ME Tester Staff

Hi,

I just want to know if you are using modded planet or some mods that can change anything in our game.... On normal vanila DS this never happened to me.

3. Kralzar Trainee Engineer

Hello.

No, I was using a vanilla server. We started the game as survival. There was a transition from one server to the other though before trying to switch to creative. It's possible something happened to the information when transferring to another server that wouldn't allow it to work the standard way in the server config. Or maybe when I was trying to change it the IP was actually still pointing at the old server and not the new one.

Everything seems to be working now though. I think the confusion was when the server information was transferred.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.