Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Terrible Shacking and Teleporting.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bigsteve, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

I am building a small ship construction factory, based on this blueprint, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394853694, i built it next to my current platform by a projector and then connected it by blocks.
    the blueprint did not come complete, i.e. nothing on the pistons and rotor, so i removed them and added my own. the pistons with welders and a large rotor with small ship rotor top, with small projector.

Now when ever the piston are not in there closed position the whole are SHAKES excessively, to a point where you cant stay steady and welder stuff,
    Also there are A LOT places on that part of the platform where you are teleported 6 or 5 tiles away.

i have got so frustrated with the shaking and teleport that i am grinding the platform down, i may start again with another factory later on.
    Is the shaking and teleporting due to the Piston and Rotor or due to me building with a projector.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I'd say its due to both of them...

a while back i made a mining platform that was a rotor connected to a piston connected to a rotor connected to a piston then to drills...
    even moving the thing at 0.1 it'd build up a massive amount of shaking eventually breaking off....

my only solution is to move them slowly and let them take breaks to stop the shaking.....

or find a mod for a large area wielder.

that image is what inspired me to try it but it just doesn't work well in survival....

3. Devon_v Senior Engineer

It's my understanding that, odd as it may seem, shaking can be a result of too little wieght on the piston/rotor. The shaking is a physics rounding glitch most likely, but the more mass the system has, the less the shake can move it.

4. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Oh i need to clarify the skaking, its not the rotor or piston shaking, its me. The player, is looks like i am using a jack hammer. I dont stay still whole view area shakes, and i sort of drift in a direction.

Moving out of the factory platform area it stops,

Tonight i am going to finish remove that platform and not use a projector and extend the existing platform and hopefully that wont cause the terrible shaking.

5. DaDj:D Trainee Engineer

IF the player/camera shakes --> thats from the welders. its a visual feedback that you're way to near to the active welders.

6. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Its happening even when they are off and and retracted on the pistons.

7. kittle Senior Engineer

i suspect the problem is due to using MULTIPLE rotors or pistons. I have a simmilar setup in my SP survival world that works just fine
    [​IMG]
    But there is only a single rotor. in the image the 'arm' is built from conveyor boxes, ore is extracted from the center. I use merge blocks to detach the drill head, extend the drilling arm, and then re-attach to continue drilling.

This does not shake in SP, and it can even work in MP.

8. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Now i rebuilt the shipyard, all was going sort of smoothly until the ship welders made landing gear on a ship. it struck to them and could not retract the pistons. so i was lucky enough to have built the cockpit, so i unlocked them and turned them off, as soon as they unlocked welders seemed to fall of the pistons. and the Extreme Teleporting and and shaking returned. this process happened twice last night.

2nd time after re making the welders i unlocked and turned them off before the started retracting and the same issue returned,

So next Q how do u stop the landing from locking onto the welders???

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

thats a tough one since landing gears used to NOT autolock landing gears and players found it annoying how you had to build a ship without touching it or else it floats away.. :/
    [or on planets they'd topple over while building making it even harder to finish...]

the only thing i can think of is as you said....build the cockpit then tell the landing gears NOT to autolock....

10. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

usually if it building from a projector, it has the settings from the BP, so if the landing gears autolock is set to off when you BluePrint it, they will be off when the BP is built

11. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Yeah that my thinking too, only remedy is to creative world spawn them and turn them off or remove them. Which i will do tonight.

12. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

Yeah that my thinking too, only remedy is to creative world spawn them and turn them off or remove them. Which i will do tonight.

14. Smoo Apprentice Engineer

I ran into this with "Kodiak" mod welders, in 1.53. Using one as a small-ship factory, it crashed the server twice when hit a landing gear that was not near it. Had to stop using landing gears...

Then, I had a builder ship pick up a tiny projector ship, I was trying to back up and couldn't understand why the shield (again, mod) was showing visual effects. So I rebuilt the huge welder. Later, I realized it had picked up the tiny ship, and was slamming it on the inside of the hangar! :p

15. Joži Trainee Engineer

Same here. Do not use Landing gears on DS at all! It causes this bug and also reversed gravity (when you are falling upwards) and sometimes no gravity at all on planet! Also do not use connectors for connecting 2 ships, only static grid with ship. And when you are connecting your ship to base, turn off your thrusters before you connect otherwise your hydrogen tanks/batteries will be draining ! Hope it helps :)

16. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I remember using that large weilder..........any ship i'd try to replace would spazz out and explode as if it hit something hard....
    there were no moving parts, pistons or rotors....it was a simple medium cargo cockpit mining ship..

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.