Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Test Joining any server for MP gameplay

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Capt.SkuLL, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

so i tried to play any server on SE and the experience was sad for me. sometimes the scan can come up with a list of public servers sometimes it empty. sometimes i get something in the Player created games and its not locked so when i click on it it takes forever, then tells me "Server is not responding" ... how do you play multiplayer on this game ?

2. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

I make my own dedicated server. But if you don't have the bandwidth then look for a server near you. The official servers have to less pcu's for me to really have fun, but there are others out there that give you more or have different way to limite the pcu. Also you have to watch which mods you like and dislike. Once you found a server, make it your favorite.

3. Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

the scan only ever shows 4 servers. 3 of which are locked. the only public server open gives me that error "Server is not responding"

4. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Hm, did you set any filters?

5. Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

i did not set any myself but the system did have some default values. i am from the Philippines and the system set it to show only <150ms of ping.

6. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

That's understandable. You won't enjoy a connection with Ping>150ms. But for try-out you can set it higher. The problem is how you are connected to the internet and how near the servers are to you on the internet connections

7. CapyBaraCuda Trainee Engineer

Hi Lord Gray,

I think the point Capt.SkuLL is trying to make is like me, is the he can join any (like 0) multiplayer games. I can play single player just fine , but no multiplay. Wether the servers are at 50 ping or 200 ping am always met with "Joing world > Waiting for server to repond > Server is not responding". I have not been able to join a single multiplayer game and all I've wanted to do is play with my friend. My friend can join just fine but I can't. I have been try for about week and have looked through so many forums for a solution but all i find is reply's from Keen that they are working on it dating back since 2017 with no real suggestions.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.