Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Text / LCD Panels on Doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ribs, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ribs Apprentice Engineer

So the idea is to have some in-built LCD or Text panel on doors, where you could for example label to "Medbay" "Engineering" etc so you know where you are going. This would be similar to this:

https://gyazo.com/7844286ad1c532a4784c4f11ad9b2d06

I think this would be a great addition. Do not suggest mods, this is a suggestion for the vanilla game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. EstebanLB Trainee Engineer

I totally agree on this one. Way less clutter this way

3. Grit Breather Junior Engineer

Or you could just use the Corner LCD mod. Can't look up the link now so just search for it.

4. sioxernic Senior Engineer

I wouldn't say an LCD Panel, I would honestly prefer if they had a decal system for the doors to paint the doors instead as well as being able to type in a text field but it should really look faded and painted on like a spraw can otherwise it would be to similar to an LCD

EDIT: Also dude, don't start telling people from the get go they can't suggest mods.
    What if I started a thread about a new kind of rotor and said: "You can't say that my suggestion is bad because of physics". That is silencing criticism for no reason other than to inflate your suggestion.

5. EstebanLB Trainee Engineer

Or we could use no mod at all and have this simple addition to the vanilla game

6. sioxernic Senior Engineer

The thing is... it is actually a valid suggestion as well as the fact that adding stuff like this to the door is not necessarily an easy feat. Right now all block functionality is quite specific. One function per block, that is it, and it may or may not be hard to add it to the game, so calling it simple is like saying there is a cow behind a curtain when you never looked behind.

7. Ribs Apprentice Engineer

LCD So you can add warning signs, etc. Plus, I wrote that because I don't want people go "Just get this mod" when I'm suggesting to the VANILLA GAME. Can you even read?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sioxernic Senior Engineer

Yes I can read, but if you dictate how a discussion goes then you can decide the outcome. If the discussion for example comes along and the rest of the people agrees it would be better to leave it as mods then that becomes the consensus, but you already from the start basically say: "Don't even discuss that because I don't want it"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.