Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

That ONE block?

Discussion in 'General' started by ObjectZero, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Well we have the DLC and it's nice having the new block to install. But as I was working on building a new airlock for a ship. I realized that I still don't have a single button option for large ship grids, so I got to wondering.

What single block would you have like to have seen in the DLC?

Mine would be a single button block for large ships, I don't always need a large button panel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Pretty sure there is an old discussion of this out there already pre-DLC, so may get some "late" flags.

I agree Large block single button could come in handy.

• Late Late x 1
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Two docking ring blocks. They will function exactly like the merge block except adjacent blocks that touch won't actually merge.

Version #1 will be 1x1x1. It will line up just like the merge block lines up two grids and joins them.
    Version #2 will be 3x3x1 with an open space in the center and will lock up airtight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Lol someone going to tag me as late when I already said it was a late topic...tooo funny............. probably someone I pissed off somehow....anyway.....

• Late Late x 1
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Some other ideas for DLC... more armor shapes like 3:1 and 4:1 slopes, inverse corners, etc.

Spotlight turret with camera and the ability to lock on to neutral and enemy grids (like gun turrets) as well as manual control.

Large grid cockpits wtih conveyors at the BACK of the block instead of above or below.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Bathroom with a door.
    Ladder that doens't turn on my jetpack when I reach the top.
    Three-seater couch that can actually seat three people.
    1x1x1 staircase that isn't a window.
    A drill with a smaller radius.
    An auto-pilot that can run wheel suspensions like it can run thrusters.
    A spotlight that doesn't light up everything except the room it's in. And if it's on, it stays on.
    A 2x wheel.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Lights that stay on when you move around in a room would be really nice. Spotlights are the glitchiest. (Is "glitchiest" even a word?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thrak Junior Engineer

1 x 2 inverted corner blocks (base and tip) for connecting 1 x 2 blocks at right angles.

9. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

This mod adds a single button: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300556664

10. Malware Master Engineer

The one block? The one block I would like to see couldn't be DLC, it would cause hellfire: An inventory management terminal. A single terminal where I can view all the inventory in the connected conveyor system and nothing else, as if it was one large cargo container - no stacks, just type and amount, optionally mass and/or volume - with the exception of stuff connected with connectors, which would show up as... well, connected. The terminal would provide a simple way to move inventory from one system to another, including your personal inventory. The block would be conveyored, of course.

That is the one block I would like to see. SE's inventory system is abysmal. I don't care what's in the individual storages. I just want to move stuff between ships or myself.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

Retractable connectors.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

A vanilla docking collar.

AKA a standard docking collar.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, and what about antennas? The only time I use them is for an ore detector. Everybody knows the small-grid antenna is 1x1x2, and the large grid antenna is 1x2x6. Buy why the huge difference? That drives me nuts sometimes. Trying to find a place to shoehorn the 6-block-long large-grid antenna on a small large-grid ship can be troublesome and looks really stupid. Can we get a smaller large-grid antenna that's more in scale with the small-grid antenna? Maybe with shorter range?

14. Malware Master Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff Wanna know a little trick with that? Use a beacon.

Yeah. It works. To my chagrin as I'd rather have the beacon have a lot longer range and actually work like... you know... a beacon, but hey

at least it'll help you ;)

15. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Beacons work with ore detectors? Really!?! I'll try that.

16. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Here's a big one I just thought of but it's nowhere near new or novel: retractable landing gear. I've always wanted gear that retracts out of the way. A 3x1x3 block that retracts to a 3x1x1 block (or close to that size). The dimensions should work since a 1x1x3 air tight hangar door works in the same footprint (think of three air tight hangar door blocks in a row.

Retractable landing gear won't make a balance difference as DLC but I think I'd give $4 for the feature if they threw in some decorative DLC in the pack.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oliepolie Trainee Engineer

Although it's more than one block, more variations of the armor blocks since there's too many occasions where I can't find the one block to fit the gap and I end up having to use a cheap substitute.
    All these ideas seem pretty good, maybe in DLC 2 Electric Boogalo Keen will add these. :)

18. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Hyperdrive block. Much like a jumpdrive block but it saves your current world savegame, then loads you and your ship into a new savegame with a different solar system. Viola, inter-solar system travel.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Calaban Junior Engineer

One block, I could wish for... like a Birthday wish.. hmm

A simple laser rangefinder. Like a laser antenna controllable turret, it simply tells me how far away the thing in my cross hairs is... it can even be a rough estimate at a distance

(Which one of these nearby roids is the closest?)

(is that mountain over there 5km or 15km?)

(is that ice asteroid i spotted 10km or 48km?)

(Is that heavily turreted base 1km away or 801m?)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I’d also like to be able to project a camera’s image onto an LCD screen.

And I want a red wagon and a BB gun and a big birthday cake and a...

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.