Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

That ONE block?

Discussion in 'General' started by ObjectZero, Apr 17, 2019 at 17:18.

1. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Well we have the DLC and it's nice having the new block to install. But as I was working on building a new airlock for a ship. I realized that I still don't have a single button option for large ship grids, so I got to wondering.

What single block would you have like to have seen in the DLC?

Mine would be a single button block for large ships, I don't always need a large button panel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Pretty sure there is an old discussion of this out there already pre-DLC, so may get some "late" flags.

I agree Large block single button could come in handy.

• Late Late x 1
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Two docking ring blocks. They will function exactly like the merge block except adjacent blocks that touch won't actually merge.

Version #1 will be 1x1x1. It will line up just like the merge block lines up two grids and joins them.
    Version #2 will be 3x3x1 with an open space in the center and will lock up airtight.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Lol someone going to tag me as late when I already said it was a late topic...tooo funny............. probably someone I pissed off somehow....anyway.....

• Late Late x 1
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Some other ideas for DLC... more armor shapes like 3:1 and 4:1 slopes, inverse corners, etc.

Spotlight turret with camera and the ability to lock on to neutral and enemy grids (like gun turrets) as well as manual control.

Large grid cockpits wtih conveyors at the BACK of the block instead of above or below.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Bathroom with a door.
    Ladder that doens't turn on my jetpack when I reach the top.
    Three-seater couch that can actually seat three people.
    1x1x1 staircase that isn't a window.
    A drill with a smaller radius.
    An auto-pilot that can run wheel suspensions like it can run thrusters.
    A spotlight that doesn't light up everything except the room it's in. And if it's on, it stays on.
    A 2x wheel.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Lights that stay on when you move around in a room would be really nice. Spotlights are the glitchiest. (Is "glitchiest" even a word?)

8. Thrak Junior Engineer

1 x 2 inverted corner blocks (base and tip) for connecting 1 x 2 blocks at right angles.

• Late Late x 1
  9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer