Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The future of exploration

Discussion in 'General' started by Lrj52, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

What does everyone think exploration will turn into in the future? I can imagine minecraft (thy game that should not be named here) style big servers with factions and stuff, but with one HUGE difference:

Friggin' 6.6 AU Solar System style worlds!!! :D

[FONT= &#39]"...and you will fly on maximum speed (115 m/s), it will take you 552 years (checking calculation: 2 x 6.6 AU / 115 m/s)."

[/FONT]

2. cpy Trainee Engineer

I'm pretty sure that's kind of infinite world :D

3. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Basically, yes :D
    I can imagine high pop servers with multiple large factions both working together and fighting each over... that is, when the game has more performance tweets.

4. tingjonki Trainee Engineer

Why would factions fight when the world has infinite resources in all directions?

5. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Because people find it fun, and if anything they would probably fight over ships/ship designs, or it could be a pirate faction that they are fighting. If this ever becomes a reality (and I think it will), then other reasons might pop up.

6. PaladinX333 Apprentice Engineer

I am hoping to find the occasional hostile NPC faction. Then I will finally have a use for all of the warships that I have been designing.

7. ROFLNUT Apprentice Engineer

Only 522 years, I would have expected far more!

We're all pretty much hoping for the same thing, more "life" to our SE worlds.

8. Scrable Trainee Engineer

With the current speed cap(where you go faster without a ship, which makes ships actually useless) you can't really explore this vast world.
    I wonder, if the devs are working on fixing these glitches with the physics above 130m/s(you can provoke that by either very long rotors or a very long chain of pistons)
    You just go through the blocks above 130m/s, because I guess you are speed capped, too.
    Really hope they will increase the speedcap. Gottagofast.

9. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

I hope they increase the speed cap too, it wouldn't really take much away from the size of the worlds too as long as they keep it sensible, for example:

2 x 6.6 au / 150 m/s = 417.17 YEARS (150 m/s being a increased max speed)

10. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

I would love to see it on par with EVE in terms of exploration and pvp. 2000 people in a ship fight in one small area? YES PLEASE

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.